Do You Prefer Your Reissue To Your Classic Flap Cuz It's Not So "obvious"

venusfly

Quality not Quantity. Less can be more!
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
Do you prefer the Reissue because you feel its more understated and not so "obvious." Do you prefer the discreet Mademoiselle lock to that double CC? Or that simple chain to the ribbon/chain? Or do you simply love that the Classic flap with its CC closure is so recognizably Chanel. What do you think?

I would have to agree - I prefer the mademoiselle lock - looks more modern, refined and does not scream logo. As much as I love the double Cs, everyone has a copy - the Fs for Fendi, Gs for Gucci and so on - so the reissue is perfect - classy and understated at the same time.

I own a Reissue and several classics and while I love them all I find myself wearing my reissue most because I love that it is elegant and luxe but not in a logo in your face way. :heart:It is so understated and discreet. :yes:

Agree with all above tpfers :tup: I also prefer the mademoiselle lock than CC lock because MM lock looks very elegant and understated. However, I actually like the leather interwoven chain better than the pure metal chain in reissue. Thus, I prefer the combination of both :P

I'm not a fan of the chain on the reissue. Personally for me, I'm just not a reissue kinda gal. I hate to say it, but I do like the brand recognition of the CC. Here in Hawaii, not many people know about luxury brands the way that us TPF'ers do. I don't think anyone would even recognize the MM lock as being Chanel. That's just my two cents though. :yes:

I'm not a fan of the chain on the reissue. Personally for me, I'm just not a reissue kinda gal. I hate to say it, but I do like the brand recognition of the CC. Here in Hawaii, not many people know about luxury brands the way that us TPF'ers do. I don't think anyone would even recognize the MM lock as being Chanel. That's just my two cents though. :yes:

I totally agree. I live in NW England and I saw only for the first time in my life someone with a classic flap last weekend, and I think that's only because a Chanel boutique only just opened in my area a few weeks ago. People where I live just wouldn't have a clue that the reissue was Chanel. That's why I would love to own one as well as a classic not just on its own. I haven't seen any Chanel fakes in my life in England, and only that one real Chanel. People tend to have fake Paddys and MJ stams where I live. Or things like fake Prada, Gucci, etc. But never Chanel.

icon1.gif
Re: Do You Prefer Your Reissue To Your Classic Flap Cuz It's Not So "obvious"
I don't think anyone would even recognize the MM lock as being Chanel. That's just my two cents though. :yes:

That's exactly why I love the reissue. Because not everyone will recognize it but "people in the know" will know it. :yes:

icon1.gif
I don't think anyone would even recognize the MM lock as being Chanel. That's just my two cents though. :yes:

That's exactly why I love the reissue. Because not everyone will recognize it but "people in the know" will know it. :yes:

I don't know enough people "in the know" so I wouldn't get much use out of that!! Lol. If I saw a lot of people wearing CCs where I live then I would definitely favour the reissue, but as I don't, that's why I went with the CC lock.

icon1.gif
If I saw a lot of people wearing CCs where I live then I would definitely favour the reissue, but as I don't, that's why I went with the CC lock.
Honeybunch, a little off topic but I'm happy to report I've never seen a fake Classic Flap! If they were being faked I would have spotted them being blatantly sold as I live in Manhattan where you pass people blatantly selling mostly fake LV's and Coach bags to tourists. Never spotted a fake Classic/Reissues! Yaaaaaaaaaay! :party:

I love the CC lock on my bags, I think it looks cute.

The only re-issue I would get for myself might be the bluey/grey one, problem is the colour and style doesn't really go with the rest of my wardrobe.

I love the reissue because of its vintage/worn look. Didn't really think much about it being understated but yes, that's a plus.

On the other hand, I love the HUGE CC turnlock on the vintage jumbos. I'm not a fan of accessories or clothes screaming designer normally but for some reason the CC turnlock on the vintage jumbos works for me. Not thrilled with the new smaller look.

I guess I think "declare yourself boldly or not at all" but no half-way stuff.

I love the CC's and I like the Mademoiselle lock, but not as much as the CC twistlock closure on the flaps. And I really don't care if "people in the know" will or will not recognize my Chanel bags. I choose my bags because I fall for the whole look of it and I don't even think about the fact if other people will think that it screams Chanel or not.

OT to venusfly: to quote other people's posts, you can use the quote button on the post that you wanna reply to :yes: