When do you start Holiday Shopping??

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
When do you start shopping for the holidays? and by when do you start wrapping it?

I am an EARLY shopper and I feel like im alone :shame:
I have about 1/2 of my shopping done already and Im just dying to go in there and start wrapping but I feel like a weirdo :shrugs:
Anyone else?

When do you start shopping for the holidays? and by when do you start wrapping it?

I am an EARLY shopper and I feel like im alone :shame:
I have about 1/2 of my shopping done already and Im just dying to go in there and start wrapping but I feel like a weirdo :shrugs:
Anyone else?

Weirdo? Not at all! i have about 1/2 completed, and the rest is for DH and DD, and can't do that when they're around. I have to sneak out at lunch to get their stuff, or order online and ship to moms. I try to get done by Dec 1 so that I can put up the tree shortly after, and stuff those gifts underneath! :tup:

I'm all done and wrapped! I actually thing about it all year long (for my kids and parents), but I try to get everything ordered and wrapped before December. Then I spend December buying little stocking stuffers for the kids, or extra little things for family/SO. Takes a lot of the pressure off and I'm sure I get what I want (doesn't sell out on me). Also, my parents usually visit for the month of Dec, so I don't really have a lot of opportunity to shop after they get here.

Oh dear, I'm hopeless this year. I'm normally organised but so far have only purchased one thing!!! Sorry to ask in this thread, but is there another thread for gift ideas around? I am really stuck on some!

I buy all of my electronic gifts on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) because the deals are great. For the handbags (yay!) and clothes, etc. I buy them whenever. Every week I go out to Saks and come back with a gift for someone. :smile: I like to wrap gifts but I usually wait until the week before Christmas.

I only begin shopping in November as I always worry what if someone wants to return an item and if it's purchased too long before they won't be able to! I have the kids shopping done so far though! YEAH!! LOL

I shop start shopping in Aug. I'm about 90% done. I just have to get my the rest of my mom's and I'm all done. :smile:

My mom is done! She just needs to wrap everything. She usually waits till the week before x-mas to finish her shopping. But this year I told her that she needs to be done early. Since I won't have time to finish up her loose ends. So last Friday we went to Macy's and she finished it! (plus it does help I get a discount) :woohoo:

I start extremely early. This year I started in August because there a few things that my sister wanted and I knew they would be sold out if I didn't buy them at that time.

Now I'm about 95% done. Everything is wrapped and ready to ship to MI. Then all I need to buy are stocking stuffers.