LV not shipping to Canada - grrrrr

Macfrodge

Oct 8, 2007
So with the newly renovated LV website now offering e-shopping, I thought (hoped?) that they'd offer shipping to Canada...

No such thing! Am I the only one cheesed off at this?? :cursing:

I have a friend in the States who was very surprised to learn that much of the time Canadians can look, but they can't touch w/r to online shopping...

An American citizen can have their purchase shipped to a different address as their billing address - this to me shows a reduced concern for credit card fraud (reason cited by many online retailers to explain why they will only ship to the billing address).

So why not ship to Canada? Or sell to Canadians and deliver to a valid US address??

Haven't any of these retailers heard of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) which in part was created to strengthen the harmonious bonds between the countries, to create an expanded and secure market for goods, etc... blah blah blah...

This just plain sucks.

Sorry for the rant. I had just read another thread where a lucky girl got an unexpected gift with her order - Good for her! I think it may have created many unplanned orders to the LV website - so I decided to check to see if I could order something - anything!

No way Jose.

Frustrating.

Anyway, Cheers!

I wish the Ottawa Holt's had SOMETHING - the closest we have is Montreal! But aren't the prices still much better in the States? I just bought a Speedy 30 and the exchange ended up being less in Cdn $$, for the first time ever (!).

At any rate, isn't there going to be a trunk show in Ottawa w/ LV this fall? I vaguely remember the SA there telling my sister something about that, but I was too busy looking at the Gucci stuff (should have paid better attention!)...

-Michelle

I think the HR trunk show is going to be end of November - at least that's what my sister remembered from chatting with the SA (Peter, I believe his name was).

I'll call today to see if I can get better info.

Yesterday I fired off an email to LV.com about not shipping to Canada and received this in response:

We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your
interest in Louis Vuitton.
At this time Louis Vuitton does not offer on-line shopping for Canada.
Please note that we may offer on-line shopping to Canada in the future.
I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your
interest in Louis Vuitton. In addition, your concerns have been
documented and will be forwarded to concerned executives for further
review.

Has anyone ever seen this teaser about perhaps offering online shopping in the future? Unsure if this has been their standard response?

oh that's good. I e-mailed them once and they just told me the only way to buy LV in Canada was to go to the official boutiques or phone web. God I hope they start an online store ASAP.

I emailed them as well last week b/c I was so disappointed and this is the response I received back:

At this time, Louis Vuitton does not have confirmed plans to allow
on-line shopping in Canada. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

It says there is no CONFIRMED plans..perhaps alluding to the fact there has been some discussion of it actually happening one day...*fingers crossed*

I emailed them as well last week b/c I was so disappointed and this is the response I received back:

At this time, Louis Vuitton does not have confirmed plans to allow
on-line shopping in Canada. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

It says there is no CONFIRMED plans..perhaps alluding to the fact there has been some discussion of it actually happening one day...*fingers crossed*

Well, well, well - this may actually be good news (for once?). Their official response has changed in the past week from "does not have confirmed plans" to "we may offer on-line shopping to Canada in the future".

It's crumbs they're throwing us, but we've got to work with something!

I propose all the Canadian LVers unite, and bombard them with emails. Strength in numbers and all that jazz. I'm going to get DH, sister and anyone else who'll listen to me to fire off an inquiry.

Worth a try anyway.

I agree it is frustrating! I live on a Gulf Island on the West Coast of Canada and I have to either fly or take 2 ferry boats to get to Vancouver to do my LV shopping! :nuts:

Of course there is always Ebay, but sometimes you want the newest pieces right when they come out and without having to worry about authenticity. Plus, have you ever tried to get a complete LE set in similar conditions after the fact on Ebay? It's almost impossible!

I WANT ONLINE LOUIS VUITTON SHOPPING IN CANADA!!!!!!!!! :hysteric: