TD Canada Trust of USD payment from Canada for auction?

britbrit

Jun 17, 2007
Someone is wanting to send payment with a money order from [FONT=arial,sans-serif]TD Canada Trust of USD for an eBay auction and I'm in the US and I don't know anything about it. Is this ok? What is this company like? I told them that I'll only accept Western Union and US Postal Money Orders and that's it. What do you guys think? Thanks!
[/FONT]

If for any reason that she sends me a fake bank money order, I'm scared of receiving a charge from my bank for depositing a counterfeit money order. Does this happen a lot? I know many money orders are counterfeited :sad:

If for any reason that she sends me a fake bank money order, I'm scared of receiving a charge from my bank for depositing a counterfeit money order. Does this happen a lot? I know many money orders are counterfeited :sad:

If she's sending you a bank check you can call the bank and verify funds before you deposit it. If it's a money order, there should be a phone# you can call to verify it's legit. After you deposit it, you can then call your bank to make sure it has cleared the Federal Reserve. It usually takes a few days to totally clear, although your bank may make the funds available sooner. I would just let the buyer know that you won't ship the item until you receive confirmation from your bank that the check/M.O. has cleared.

This is usually with independent issuers, I believe. I have yet to hear of a TD Canada trust money order faked. There should be no problems with this.