Shoe experts, please help with my first Manolos!!!

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Manolos, but since they are so expensive these will probably be the only ones for a long time. Which style should I get? I feel obligated to buy something classic since I don't plan to build a collection any time soon. But I'm not sure I want to spend lots of money on another pair of black pumps instead of something fun. What do you suggest? Which were your first pair? Are they really comfortable? Can you wear them all day without wanting to cut off your feet? How do the sizes run?

i have the black patent Campari Mary-Janes, and they're very comfortable :yes:. i also have the silver Sedaraby d'Orsay pumps (from Sex & the City), and they're also very comfortable

But I'm not sure I want to spend lots of money on another pair of black pumps instead of something fun.

I would agree with how you feel; make your first pair special, but one you could wear often.

His shoes fit me extremely well. I find them very comfortable; I can easily wear my pumps all day.

For sizing suggestions, what do you wear in other shoes?

I would agree with how you feel; make your first pair special, but one you could wear often.

His shoes fit me extremely well. I find them very comfortable; I can easily wear my pumps all day.

For sizing suggestions, what do you wear in other shoes?

I'm usually a 6-6.5. I know Neiman's website says sizes run small and to size up. I'm going to to try to check them out at lunch and see which size fits me. Hopefully, it'll help me narrow down my choices, but it seems impossible to do.

I love Manolo's (my first designer obsession) because they fit like no other.

Manolo is great at tweaking classic styles to make them a bit more modern and fun without being flashy, unlike our beloved Louboutin in this forum, who is about being noticed. Nobody does d'orsays like Manolo, so I would suggest a pair or d'orsays. The Sedarby's are a fave since they are just the perfect d'orsays, imo. But they are definitely a special occasion shoe in most of the incarnations. If you're going for something you can dress up as well as dress down, so you can get the most mileage out of them, I would suggest these:

NMX040J_ap.jpg

They are classic in shape but the thicker strap and buckle and higher-cut vamp makes them modern. The patent adds fun, and the heel is a manageable heel so you don't have to exclude them on fun nights out because of lack of chauffeur, but still sexy. These shoes are at once classic and will be around for ages but also young enough to pair with jeans and a fun top. I think you'd get alot of mileage and bang for your buck int his shoe because there's not a single thing I can't think of wearing that these wouldn't be great with (well, barring sweats, of course) -- a-line skirts, pencil skirts, dresses, jeans, dress suit, etc.

Oh, and congrats on a first pair -- it's def very exciting! :yahoo:

I love Manolo's (my first designer obsession) because they fit like no other.

Manolo is great at tweaking classic styles to make them a bit more modern and fun without being flashy, unlike our beloved Louboutin in this forum, who is about being noticed. Nobody does d'orsays like Manolo, so I would suggest a pair or d'orsays. The Sedarby's are a fave since they are just the perfect d'orsays, imo. But they are definitely a special occasion shoe in most of the incarnations. If you're going for something you can dress up as well as dress down, so you can get the most mileage out of them, I would suggest these:

NMX040J_ap.jpg

They are classic in shape but the thicker strap and buckle and higher-cut vamp makes them modern. The patent adds fun, and the heel is a manageable heel so you don't have to exclude them on fun nights out because of lack of chauffeur, but still sexy. These shoes are at once classic and will be around for ages but also young enough to pair with jeans and a fun top. I think you'd get alot of mileage and bang for your buck int his shoe because there's not a single thing I can't think of wearing that these wouldn't be great with (well, barring sweats, of course) -- a-line skirts, pencil skirts, dresses, jeans, dress suit, etc.

Oh, and congrats on a first pair -- it's def very exciting! :yahoo:

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to check these out. You should consider working for them in their marketing/sales department.