Wore my CLs in the rain, are they ruined?

chicbabacool

May 31, 2007
I wore my CL simple pumps to a concert today. The weather was fine when we got there but it started raining after the show started. I had to walk about a half mile in my louboutins. Are the soles ruined? Is there anything I can do to save them?

Girls I am so upset :cursing: :crybaby:

If you are talking about the sole. last time I wakled in the rain with my new CL the red paint on the bottom looked like it was peeling off but after you walked on the dry surface for a while the peels will be walked off. You will end up will the red paint missing on the bottom like it would be if you have been walking on dry surface for a while.

They're fine. I kind of freaked out when I got home late last night. The paint has already rubbed off most of the sole from regular walking. I guess I was just wondering if water in general damaged Louboutins.

They're fine. I kind of freaked out when I got home late last night. The paint has already rubbed off most of the sole from regular walking. I guess I was just wondering if water in general damaged Louboutins.

is that true? i would think spending so much on shoes, you'd at least get shoes that can endure some water!

So here in seattle it rains all the time, but that doesnt stop me from wearing my CLs. I dont see that the soles get ruined a lot more than when its dry. So I would guess that your soles are fine. In some cases the sole might even get cleaned! In general some fabrics on the shoe would sustain more damage than others but this is not specific to CL. I would definately avoid my lighter coloured CLs in the rain.

They should be fine. I wouldn't wear them again until they are completely dry, and if they are still damp, crumple some paper and stuff it inside them so they keep their shape--it will absorb some moisture too. Just make sure to take the paper out if it's wet, and add new dry stuffing.

Good leather is quite resilient. I would spray them with leather protector once they're dry to protect them from future wet outings.

That red sole, well, it comes off, rain or not. :sad:

They should be fine. I wouldn't wear them again until they are completely dry, and if they are still damp, crumple some paper and stuff it inside them so they keep their shape--it will absorb some moisture too. Just make sure to take the paper out if it's wet, and add new dry stuffing.

Good leather is quite resilient. I would spray them with leather protector once they're dry to protect them from future wet outings.

That red sole, well, it comes off, rain or not. :sad:

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. My shoes are fine! I put them on the rack as soon as I got home and they dried right out. Thanks for all your responses ladies!