Summer in London

mosambi

Mar 23, 2007
Hi all,
I am planning on spending next summer in London (fingers crossed) and I need your suggestions on what bag(s) I should take with me (and, importantly, what to bring back!)

1. I will be doing some research and maybe attending a conference, so I'll need a roomy professional looking bag for files etc. Not TOO stylish, I'll be around academics who in my experience frown on style! pity :sad:

2. Something for day-to-day sight seeing, going to museums, plays etc.

3. Evening clutch

I know its silly to be asking this questions when we are on the verge of winter, but plotting and scheming is half the fun!
Thanks!

Meera

Price range? Off the top of my head, Lauren Merkin has stylish, reasonably-priced clutches.

Levenger (mostly accessories for desks, readers, etc.) has some nice-looking gender-neutral leather bags that would be large enough for folders plus handbag essentials. Kate Spade has some classic looking leather bags, too.

Prices are so high in London, do you really want to buy a bag there? I haven't been there for several years, so hopefully someone from the UK will help out with current info.

Sounds like a great opportunity in one of the world's best cities!

Price range? Off the top of my head, Lauren Merkin has stylish, reasonably-priced clutches.

Levenger (mostly accessories for desks, readers, etc.) has some nice-looking gender-neutral leather bags that would be large enough for folders plus handbag essentials. Kate Spade has some classic looking leather bags, too.

Prices are so high in London, do you really want to buy a bag there? I haven't been there for several years, so hopefully someone from the UK will help out with current info.

Sounds like a great opportunity in one of the world's best cities!

Yes, I can't wait...I hope it all works out.
Anyway, I do like Lauren Merkins...I have a Louise and am considering taking that. Kooba's Hannah in pewter is also an option.

I love the Louise style--that would work well for you. If I come across some bags that might work for day into night or for the professional occasions, I'll post again. I hope others come up with suggestions.

Good luck and have a wonderful time. It will be here before you know it!

If you're going to be in London I highly recommend the Belen Echandia handbags. Jackie is fabulous to work with and the bags are gorgeous. I own the Stroke Me and the Take Me Anywhere. One in wine and the other in petrol. Check their site out!
www.belenechandia.com
:tup:

I always bring my Chanel sport bag with me when am travelling. It didn't spell Chanel so I love it. I would suggest any bags which is practical. I always use cross-shoulder bag.

Anya Hindmarch and Mulberry are both made in UK brand.

If you could get a tax refund so you may consider for any other brands like Chanel, Dior, LV and etc.

Would you believe that I can't remember what bags I carried when I lived in London? The horror! It's only been 5 years...

My biggest advice to you (ok, non-purse) is to invest in a pair of cute, comfy European sneakers as soon as you get there. Your shoes will peg you a mile away!

Thinking a little harder, cross-body is always good, but so is something small and tuckable under the arm, especially if you're going to tourist locations. I think I carried a small no-name nylon demi most of the time and alternated with a cross-body for when I needed to haul a lot of stuff.

You may want to check out Longchamp as well. They're reasonably priced, wear well, and are popular in Europe.