help! cigarette smoke smell on my chanel

cynthia111

Gorgeous!!!!
O.G.
Jul 22, 2007
does anyone know how to remove cigarette smoke from my leather chanel. its caviar leather outside and inside is fabric. i tried febreeze on the fabric but dont know what to use for the leather. im afraid if i use febreeze on the leather, it will ruin it. i bought it on ebay and i forgot to ask if it came from a smoke free environment. pleaaaase help!!!!:cursing:

Put a container of baking soda inside the bag and put the bag inside a plastic bag for 24 hours. Check it and if it's not gone, keep the purse inside the bag and check it periodically.

it may take a little while to remove all the odor so be patient. Good luck!

its black caviar

OK, that's good.. i asked because if it was white/pink.. this might not work as well... but what you need to do is crumple a bunch of newspaper in the Chanel and then wrap the Chanel in lots of newspaper and put it in a cardboard box. If you don't want to wrap the Chanel in newspaper, then just put tons of newspaper all around the bag barely touching it. Close the box and leave it overnight ... the newspaper + cardboard box should absorb the smell :smile: I don't know how but it works! :tup:

I have read a lot about this on other forums. One that I remember hearing that worked well was putting a dryer sheet (bounce) inside the bag, then putting the bag outside in the shade for a few hours?

ITA with the baking soda thing too. Have heard reports that it works well.

Good luck

i would try hanging it where it can get a breeze---in front of a fan or outside, to air it out. If that doesn't work, baking soda for sure--just be careful not to spill any on your beautiful bag!