Need opinions..do you think black epi alma is too formal?

amytude

O.G.
Mar 10, 2007
Can this be an everyday bag? I'm a SAHM of 2 boys (ages 4 & 5). Do you think this goes with jeans? (I'd best describe my style as preppy casual, though some days it's "I'm lucky I got a shower" today). I'm also considering the mulberry ledbury or east west bayswater. I also need something pretty durable. Your thoughts??

Amy

I own a black Epi Alma and while yes she looks nice when I am in jeans, she looks best when I am in my business clothes or in chic casual. I do not think this is the best bag for you.

Epi leather is pretty versatile....you can use it casually or for going out on the town or for dinner....I think it's the most appropriate in business-like settings, IMO....

Oh, I think I'm more confused now...lol. Well, I actually need a black bag...hmmm, what to do? I wish they made this in a warm green (like Hermes' vert anis or chartreuse), I would buy that in a minute & get a different black bag.

I also think the design might not be the most favorable for an everyday bag (not the easiest to get in & out of when you have 2 active boys). It's hard b/c I do just love this bag. Keep your opinions coming b/c you all make some good points. THanks again!

Amy

PS I don't care for monogram or damier pieces, I'm a plain jane kind of gal, thus the epi (which I adore).