Has anyone ever seen some abused LVs?

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
LVs are so beautiful and it kills me to see some of these women carrying their LVs like a trash bag? I mean, it is totally stained and dirty and the monogram really dulled up. And yes, they do look authentic. Mostly I see the speedys, bucket and almas.

Has anyone ever noticed some of these bags. I don't mind a dark patina to give it some characters but how can anyone put LVs thru such conditions.

about 5 months ago my grandma put a whole in her Mono Speedy she's had it for more than 10 years and I was so upset!!! She didn't care at all She just moved on to another LV bag of her's...but I wanted to cry lol

Yeah, too bad there r no pics to share. Most are speedies and they looked so pathetic I felt sorry for them. Glad to know they're well used & that their owners aren't anal but I wouldn't do my bags like that. To each their own I guess!

I have a friend whose Speedy has BLACK handles. I do scold her for it but can't really blame her. Like Latin mentioned, she uses it EVERYDAY and since we're in NYC, it's easy for the handles to get dirty b/c the street/air is just grimey. She doesn't purposefully abuse her Speedy.

Not abused, but well-used. I worked with a woman who picked up a speedy when travelling in Europe back in the 1980's. She carried that bag EVERY day and the last I saw of her (2 years ago) she was still carrying that bag. It didn't look bad, but "rough". Guess its a testament to quality.

I have a friend whose Speedy has BLACK handles.
When my speedy handles get very dark from oxidation, i take it to the store and they send them out for repair. They replace the handles for less than a 100$. The only difficultly is that sometimes they keep the bags up to two months...But it looks like having a new bag when you get it back...

I like when the leather gets a dark patina but I have seen some bags in the shopping malls that look like they were in floods.:wtf: Especially almas with the vachetta bottom. Howver, I must admit that I have a cabas mezzo that I love to pieces and I think the bottom on that is not going to hold out well. I don't know, I hate to not use it but darn it is hard to keep clean.

I am scared... I live in NYC and it's filthy here. I only use my Speedy on the weekends, but I'm scared.... just order some apple garde and cleaner stuff a few minutes ago actually!!

I own an abused bag. My petite buckey pruchased in 1999 is a mess. Her insides are peeling all over the place andher vachetta is stained with liquid water marks. She needs to go in for repair. Prior to TPF my bags were well, just bags...not a collecction, not a show piece, a bag. LOL