A New Kelly Shoulder Bag??

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I visited my H store today to pick up my refurbished birkin. When there an elegant woman walks in (I had noticed her already in the Neimans) with her DH. She had a shoulder bag that appeared to be a long and narrow kelly style. The bag had should straps attached with gold loops and no smaller handle. It was open on top (I did not see a top flap even folded inside) but with the distinctive kelly straps. It looked like orange swift with gold hardware. One of the SAs (who is not the sweetest) ran up to her and asked something like "What is that bag? Did you get it in Europe?" All that I heard of her answer w/o being nosy was "It's a kelly bag."

What gives? Is this a new style?

No Ardneish I'm sure was not a kelly sport. It had gold loops that attached the shoulder strap to the side of the bag and it looked far more refined or elegant than the sport.

Does anyone have a photo of this? Would be good to have for our reference library ... and to satisfy my curious mind!! Are these still made? Were they big during a period of time and then popularity dwindled??

Thanks for the site and pictures within MrsS.

This was not what I saw. The only reason I thought it might be something new is that the SA practically ran over to it and asked what it was.