Help to replace Isabella Fiore...stolen after ONE DAY!!!

Yikes...that's a bummer MissLola. Yeah, my girlfriend had her "life" in her purse, as we all do -- phone, $$, etc...she even had a spare key tucked in there for her husband's Prius, and I guess those keys are weird and cost like $200 to replace. It's sort of a nightmare from every angle...I'm just glad nobody was hurt in the context of this theft...that's the most important thing.

to me it sounds like the perfect oportunity to lie about what happened to the bag if she didn't like it and decided to sell it instead, hence the won't "let" you get her another blah blah blah.

i've seen those IF bags in person and honestly wouldn't pay $10 for one. /meh
What crossed my mind was how odd!
What you be doing at church that you wouldnt have your bag beside you ?

Seems odd dont you think?
I mean when i'm at church we sit we stand we sit we stand.. not sure where my bags going to go,.

I'm wondering why you would leave your bag in the car and not lock it ?

Thanks, Jadorebags...I appreciate your thoughts. :flowers: Yes, it is a good lesson learned...a sad one, but a useful one. This situation happened when my friend left her car for 5 minutes to walk her girls into school (it's a church school)...it's a busy time of morning with all the other moms/kids there...nobody thinks stuff like this can happen, but it can. She left her purse on the floor of the car so that she would have her hands free to help her girls in with some things. She's done it a million times before, never thinking someone would break into her car on the church grounds. You're right...it IS sad, but it's just the way the world is, unfortunately...and everyone just needs to be aware of the bad eggs out there in the world.

Speaking of which, that brings me back to Rooby.

Rooby, of course my friend filed a police report immediately after the theft happened. Duh. What about my trying to help her replace one of the MANY things she lost as a result of this thing -- would convey to you that she wouldn't have filed a police report? Or that I was supposed to have handled that? The mind reels. :wacko:

HELLO...the point is, you were attacking me--AND her--with malicious comments--toward someone you don't even know?!? I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions, Rooby. I don't even have a problem with people who disagree. What I have a problem with are people who are clearly just nasty and rotten to the core, using offensive language--in what I thought was a nice public forum/community--like "pull your head out of your a**." That's REAL classy, Rooby. Real neighborly, too. I hesitated to even respond to you one last time, because each time I do, YOUR responses seem to get all the more vapid and crass. So I'm done. But if you should decide to come back with any more trashy, ill-conceived commentary here, I will simply send it to Vlad, if he hasn't seen it already, in the sincere hopes that they ask you to kindly not visit tpf anymore. And if I come to discover that this kind of thing is allowed or welcomed here, I certainly won't be bothering to participate anymore. I don't need this kind of nasty negativity in my life. Unlike you, I have plenty of lovely people in my life (who don't lie to me)...I certainly don't need a Baby Phat collector swearing and hurling insults at me on an online handbag forum of all things. Give me a BREAK. :cursing:

I feel sorry for YOU, Rooby. You're obviously one very unhappy person, who gets some sort of a charge out of beating up on people. I think we're all a little too grownup for the schoolyard bully routine. And that's exactly what's going on here. And I'm done engaging in any sort of conversation with you. How many other people are you terrorizing with your hateful words on TPF (not to mention elsewhere)? Why don't you take your negativity and insecurity somewhere else, instead of sullying a perfectly nice community like TPF with your pottymouth? Get a life. People like you make me :throwup:

OK, to clarify -- this was not on a Sunday during a service. Her kids go to Ascension Lutheran school which is on the church grounds. This happened on a weekday morning, when all the moms were bringing their kids to school. Everyone feels very safe there in that environment where pretty much everyone knows everyone...same people there each morning. And while I would never leave my purse anywhere, I'm also not a mom with a tight church community. It's just a different world up there where they all feel a false sense of security...she never thinks twice about leaving her purse in the car (on the floor) for a few minutes if she has to run her girls inside. And the car was locked, but the guy busted in with a coat hanger or something to get the stuff out of her car...obviously someone who knew what he was doing, and was able to do it fast. I'm sure this guy makes his living stealing like this. In any case, it's a lesson learned for her AND all the other moms...she won't be leaving her purse in the car anymore, and if they're smart, none of the moms will EVER be letting their kids casually "run out to the car" to grab something, or anything like that, while they're at church, WITHOUT supervision. I'm just glad they had this wakeup call before somebody's kid got snatched.

it doesn't really matter why a purse was left, was it?
I mean, people DO that:yes:
People in smaller communitites leave their doors unlocked when they leave their house, they leave their purses in their car to run in somewhere, etc. . . .
This weekend I visited my sister in OKC and was following her home from her church. She needed gas and told me to go on ahead, her house was unlocked. They were unlocked when I got there and her garage doors were open too. It's not that weird in a lot of places still.

Oh no no, I wasn't suggesting anything illegal. Renter's insurance covers your property anywhere, even ones not on the premises, including your car. I lent my camera to my dad last year, and he took it to China and left it somewhere, and it was stolen. My renter's insurance covered that.

Yup I agree with TITANIA
My friend's golf set was stolen in his car
He filed a police report and was able to make a claim from their home insurance.

Yup I agree with TITANIA
My friend's golf set was stolen in his car
He filed a police report and was able to make a claim from their home insurance.

Renter's insurance is fantastic! It's incredibly cheap, and covers all of these odds and ends. When I called my claim in, I had very little hope that my insurance company would cover it. The camera was lost by someone else, not even in the country. But ta da, got a check in a couple of weeks.

it doesn't really matter why a purse was left, was it?
I mean, people DO that:yes:
People in smaller communitites leave their doors unlocked when they leave their house, they leave their purses in their car to run in somewhere, etc. . . .
This weekend I visited my sister in OKC and was following her home from her church. She needed gas and told me to go on ahead, her house was unlocked. They were unlocked when I got there and her garage doors were open too. It's not that weird in a lot of places still.

How true, how true. I'm from Oklahoma and go to school up in Kansas, and I know SOO many people that leave their cars/houses/etc unlocked and open for the world. Heck, in fact I do it too just because I am so used to it. And while I don't ever leave my purse in my car, I have plenty of friends that do.

And while it might seem like an odd argument, I think I would rather leave my car unlocked, or so that it could be easily picked open with a coat hanger, then perhaps have my windows busted out or something like that. Because in my opinion if a thief wants what you have bad enough they won't hesitate to do whatever they need to do to get it.

And while it might seem like an odd argument, I think I would rather leave my car unlocked, or so that it could be easily picked open with a coat hanger, then perhaps have my windows busted out or something like that. Because in my opinion if a thief wants what you have bad enough they won't hesitate to do whatever they need to do to get it.

Interesting point...Now I don't know whether to lock it or not! :shrugs: Wish people wouldn't steal so we wouldn't have this problem in the first place!:sad:

Just a quick update, ladies - Isabella Fiore came through for me! The company contacted me yesterday to say that they located another bag, just like the one that was stolen from my friend -- and they sold it to me at 30% off WHOLESALE, which brought the price of this brand new bag down near the $160 I paid for the original at their sample sale! Their customer service dept is top-notch. Can't say enough about this company! They were almost as excited as I was that they were able to help replace the bag for her. Isn't that amazing?