Is this normal for Violet handles?

chloebagfreak

Need Sunny Days
O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
I noticed a lot of white showing on my Violet City handles. Is this a normal and acceptable occurence? Has anyone else noticed this?
I also noticed the corner of the strap slightly peeling, right where the leather is glued down. I will post pics later.
Thanks so much:heart:

Attachments

• violethandles.JPG
    violethandles.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 172
I noticed a lot of white showing on my Violet City handles. Is this a normal and acceptable occurence? Has anyone else noticed this?
I also noticed the corner of the strap slightly peeling, right where the leather is glued down. I will post pics later.

Are you referring to the "punched holes" or the veins/wrinkles of the leather?

I don't have white showing like that on my violet bag but it is GH so the lacing goes in double. I wonder if the leather has been punched with larger holes to take double lacing??????

I had this happen on a Blueberry Day: the handles were paper-dry too. It's like not enough dye was applied.

To me, that is not normal.

Can you live with it?

:heart:Hi you guys .....I`m back from Switzerland......yeah..

Yes I have that on my violet workbag as well.
It does not bother me much at all, but I was wondering
about that.
Thanks for bringing it up.:P

Yes. I've got a violet RH City and white does show through some of the punched holes. It doesn't bother me, though and I can't see any peeling at the corner of the strap. I'll wait and see your pictures and I will then have another close look at my own bag.

Thanks, i definitely mean the punched holes being white- Will they ever darken up? I don't think I could exchange this for a Violet as they are so rare.
I am expecting a Violet Step, so maybe I'll like it better!

^I don't have my violet with me today, so I'm not sure about the holes, but my strap also look like that! It's only on one end, though. I'm carrying another city today, and I've just checked - the strap on it is clean with no leather flap over the stitching. I'm not bothered by it too much.