anyone feel coach is OVERRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
And kallison - wear your VB. I love her bags because they are fun, cute, and girly!:tender: I love her home furnishings too (I have the placemats in Java Blue and they look DIVINE). If you like it, then that's all that matters.
i know. i'm such a girly girl at heart and i wanted some pink in my life- how can you not smile with bright colors, you know? (it's capri melon- can't get much girlier than that!)

btw, i have the vb napkins that are lining where i have all my makeup- SO cute. and i'm taking one to cover cardboard with to put in the bottom of my speedy to keep it from sagging- cute color. gotta love it.

^i think i just found a new way to justify purchases! haha.

I justify my purchases by telling myself that I am collecting for my daughter (she is 4 years old now), when she is old enough I will pass my well cared for bags to her. They will be vintage by then and special to her because they were her mommy's bags. I hope that's how it goes anyway!!:heart::smile:

I live in a large city and coach is super common. Almost everyone is either carrying Coach & LV (often cheap imitations).

I agree I live in Manhattan and Coach is the "IT" bag...lol There are a lot of imitations Chanel and LV bags, but there are also authentic ones. I feel that coach is not overated. They have great bags, most are not extremely expensive. If you stay in the coach section daily to will become a coach addict...lol
Welcom to TPF:yahoo:

Honestly...to each his own right. live and let live.
I have loved coach for years but I teh pats season there prices have gone up substancially. I think there starting to get a little pricy. Love the bags but not sure if I am will to spend 495.00 for a tote that a year ago was 345.00ish.

Honestly...to each his own right. live and let live.
I have loved coach for years but I teh pats season there prices have gone up substancially. I think there starting to get a little pricy. Love the bags but not sure if I am will to spend 495.00 for a tote that a year ago was 345.00ish.

I agree with this. I was just telling my husband that this is the reason I bought so many bags as fast as I did. I wanted to get them while I could afford them. Now that it is getting harder to add to my collection I am still happy because I already have a nice base of bags to choose from. I love Coach, but I admit that I am beginning to look at other brands.

I have been a big fan of Coach for many years and will always be a big Coach fan. I have purchased Gucci, LV and Burberry but I always come back to Coach. Coach is an everyday bag and I am an everyday kind of girl. I can wear it with my business suits during the week but I can also carry them to my son's peewee football games on the weekends.

I just feel Coach gets talked about way too much for being just an ordinary brand!

I honestly don't understand this sentence. Especially here in the COACH subforum of a purse blog, first of all IMHO Coach is anything but ordinary. You're going to find a ton of people here absolutely in LOVE with it (like me!) so it can't get talked about enough!

Perhaps when you start paying for your own designer accessories and clothing you will have a better understanding and realization of things such as these. Seriously, until you are old enough to get a job and have to open your own wallet to pay for the things you want you will not appreciate anything. You may *think* that you appreciate what you have but, until you physically have to work to pay your bills and afford life's luxuries, you cannot. And, in my opinion, you can't compare high school to having to earn a good living and support a family.

So, is Coach overrated? It may be overrated to you but it's not to me and it's not to most of the other Coach forum posters. If you think it's "overrated" and "ugly" then have your parents buy you something else.

what makes you think she doesn't have a job in the first place or that she is still in highschool or even that it's her parents who are buying them!?!? what she stated has nothing to with what you said and EVEN if it did she is talking about coach being overrated not what her parents can buy her!:Push:

I am not trying to start anything or add unnecessary drama if that is what you are inferring. I have a right to state my opinion, just as SweetPiaffe did.

you did not state your opinion you just made a lot of assumptions where you came up with it i don't know but she clearly didn't say any of that

[/b]

what makes you think she doesn't have a job in the first place or that she is still in highschool or even that it's her parents who are buying them!?!? what she stated has nothing to with what you said and EVEN if it did she is talking about coach being overrated not what her parents can buy her!:Push:

Thank you soo much!!!! By the way I do have a job and so do both of my parents! Thanks!! I am in school and I work hard for my grades and the money I earn! If my parents have the money to spend on bags for me or whatever what does it matter ??? Its their prerogative. And how did I get mentioned in such a negative way ???? All I wanted to know was how people felt about coach or if they felt the same way as me. Sorry if I wrote in the Coach forum .. I'm new!

Perhaps when you start paying for your own designer accessories and clothing you will have a better understanding and realization of things such as these. Seriously, until you are old enough to get a job and have to open your own wallet to pay for the things you want you will not appreciate anything. You may *think* that you appreciate what you have but, until you physically have to work to pay your bills and afford life's luxuries, you cannot. And, in my opinion, you can't compare high school to having to earn a good living and support a family.

So, is Coach overrated? It may be overrated to you but it's not to me and it's not to most of the other Coach forum posters. If you think it's "overrated" and "ugly" then have your parents buy you something else.

Thanks! I dont know if you read what I wrote but I did say please be nice!

[/b]

What makes me think those things? Her post in this thread:
In the News: Back to school cool

I think it is okay for 15 or 16 years to have designer clothes,bags, or shoes. I mean I should know because I am one of them. My mom does buy me most of all my clothes and I may not work for the money to buy the clothes but I do work REALLY hard in school. I mean all my grades are above 90.

Also, I feel if the parents are wealthy and have the money to spend on their kids and want to get them designer brands .. WHY NOT ???????????????????? Why kids need to know how to save and work for their money .. please!!!!! in this article we are talking about teens, they have the rest of their life to be working and paying for their own stuff.

I must say though that article was describing me. I was that 15 year old girl who owns that $300 pair of jeans (ANTIK DENIM) but I wear them and take really good care of my jeans and of any other really expensive clothing item.

I have a huge collection of bags and I am always getting more but I take GREAT care of them. The next bag I am going to be getting or I should say my parents will be getting for me is the Balenciaga bag and I cant wait!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.