London Christies Hermes Auction 9 Sept

eliselady

Mar 19, 2007
Pazt posted a brilliant find - an auction at the King St Christies which has several Hermes lots, including lots of exotics:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/ok-everyone-its-time-to-bid-174871.html

Viewing starts on June 9 and myself, licencetocook and perhaps raz96 will be going along to take a look.

Does anyone want to join us? Sept 9 is a Sunday and viewing is from 12-5. We haven't made any final arrangements yet, but something like lunch and then off to see the bags sounds like a plan!

Of course there is no way I will be pretending to be a potential buyer and will ask to see all of the crocs close up. Nope, that would be naughty. :nuts:

Let me know if you fancy coming along!

Hey, could you tell me how high those Paul Dupre Lafon Hermes lamps (page 4) go for in the end? That's probably one of the few Hermes items I don't have and am seriously thinking of starting to collect his pieces. They've become highly collectible in recent years and the prices are going up, up, up. They'll always be other croc bags, but his pieces are becoming harder and harder to find. But I hope you all enjoy the auction!!!

Pazt posted a brilliant find - an auction at the King St Christies which has several Hermes lots, including lots of exotics:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-shopping/ok-everyone-its-time-to-bid-174871.html

Viewing starts on June 9 and myself, licencetocook and perhaps raz96 will be going along to take a look.

Does anyone want to join us? Sept 9 is a Sunday and viewing is from 12-5. We haven't made any final arrangements yet, but something like lunch and then off to see the bags sounds like a plan!

Of course there is no way I will be pretending to be a potential buyer and will ask to see all of the crocs close up. Nope, that would be naughty. :nuts:

Hi Elise lady

I phoned christies today and got the viewing times also
I am hoping to go along

9th 1200 1700 viewing
11th 0900 2000h viewing
I live around 90 miles away and early train does not get into Paddington until 1100

So dont know if It would fit in with all your arrangements
but I would love to meet up if possible

I have also found out whos collection it is

:wlae:

Hey, could you tell me how high those Paul Dupre Lafon Hermes lamps (page 4) go for in the end? That's probably one of the few Hermes items I don't have and am seriously thinking of starting to collect his pieces. They've become highly collectible in recent years and the prices are going up, up, up. They'll always be other croc bags, but his pieces are becoming harder and harder to find. But I hope you all enjoy the auction!!!

Dont know if I am allowed to say this so apologies moderators if I am not

If any tpf members would like me to take additional photos and ask for measurements please do let me know

HG , I can post if that helps at all ( royal mail post)

HG, I wont be there for the auction, just the viewing, but I will try and find out how much the lamps go for.

Christies seem to be quite free in telling the name of the seller! Meant nothing to me though, in fact have already forgotten.

Ardneish, come along on sunday! 11 at Paddington gives you plenty of time, I can be in at any time so we can make it work.

Dont know if I am allowed to say this so apologies moderators if I am not

If any tpf members would like me to take additional photos and ask for measurements please do let me know

HG , I can post if that helps at all ( royal mail post)
Thank you, but for now I just want to follow. I got something better in store with my $50,000.:P

Hi

Sorry I can't join you but I'm sure you'll have a fun day.

And on the point of ............

Christies are usually very forthcoming with potential purchasers having a really good grope at the merchandise, yes even Croc, unless there is a special looky no touchy policy for this auction. I've been to several preview days and everyone is having a really good try out so enjoy yourself!

BW

Fleurs.

HG, I wont be there for the auction, just the viewing, but I will try and find out how much the lamps go for.

Christies seem to be quite free in telling the name of the seller! Meant nothing to me though, in fact have already forgotten.

Ardneish, come along on sunday! 11 at Paddington gives you plenty of time, I can be in at any time so we can make it work.

great!!!

Will check the times of Sunday trains and pm you I could drive but I always find having a car in London hassle
and its so easy just to get on tube.

Fleur would of been lovely to have met you,

Yippeee something to look forward too

This is the lady who is floggin her bags!!!
I may go the day of the auction as I have my
:weird: EYE, on some of the non hermes items

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/mai....xml&sSheet=/arts/2006/03/26/ixsevenmain.html

Ardneish thanks for the article, a good read! I love this line!

In a country where conspicuous ambition is about as acceptable as body odour, MacBain was never going to have an easy ride.

Ha Ha! I look forward to seeing you there!

HG - I have some rather good (or maybe bad) news for you...look where the Hermes lamps are being auctioned off...

PAUL DUPRE-LAFON (1900-1971) AND HERMES
A Pair of Leather and Parchment Table Lamps, circa 1927
each 18½ in. (47 cm.) high
each base stamped Hermès Paris Dépose, each shade stamped Hermès Paris made in France (2)

Estimate: 40,000 - 50,000 U.S. dollars
Add to absentee bid form
clear.gif
View absentee bid form AN IMPORTANT PRIVATE COLLECTION OF MID-20TH CENTURY DESIGN
Sale 1950

26 Sep 2007
New York, Rockefeller Plaza

Buy catalogue
arrow_right.gif

clear.gif

View order
arrow_right.gif
(0 Items)

Register for

Ardneish thanks for the article, a good read! I love this line!

In a country where conspicuous ambition is about as acceptable as body odour, MacBain was never going to have an easy ride.

Ha Ha! I look forward to seeing you there!

Dear Brit girls gang!

Just wishing you all a really fabulous meet up tomorrow and lots of fun at the Christies preview day. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your day and the H beauties there. Don't be afraid to play either ! :devil:

Have fun.

Fleurs.