How about a little VL........

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
.....for me?

I'm still thinking about a light colored Kelly for everyday, rain or shine and chanced across a pic of a Gold Vache Liegee Kelly in the Information thread that stopped me dead in my tracks!

And I thought......how about a 28cm Gold VL Kelly?

Pros and cons anyone? I know next to nothing about this leather except that Gold seems lighter looking in it and I don't think it would compete with my Gold Togo Birkin for wear-time.

Would love your opinions......trying to put a list together for Muffin of acceptible bags for S'Mom.....:P

Have you seen Gold VL in person?

It's actually a quite unusual looking leather, in my opinion. I find that people either adore it, or don't get it. It's got a two tone effect to it, as the bottom of the grain is a bit lighter than the top of the grain. It's also very, very rigid and stiff (hehe)--not casual at all, in my opinion.

I think it's lovely but I also don't think it fits your bill in this case.

I have a friend with a gorgeous Gold VL Birkin that I only saw briefly once..........but next time I see her, I'll take a better look!!!!!

Have you seen Gold VL in person?

It's actually a quite unusual looking leather, in my opinion. I find that people either adore it, or don't get it. It's got a two tone effect to it, as the bottom of the grain is a bit lighter than the top of the grain. It's also very, very rigid and stiff (hehe)--not casual at all, in my opinion.

I think it's lovely but I also don't think it fits your bill in this case.

Ah......you know what I was liking about it.....that it reminded me of Peau Porc a little with that two-tone grain. Is this a leather that "softens" with wear?

no D, I beat up my Kelly and she is still as hard as a rock,.. but I like that. I think a 28cm kelly in VL would be very casual. I wear mines with jeans blazers sweaters and it's fine.

I LOVE VL in rouge H and the darker colours where the two-toned effect is less obvious.

Gosh, I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I really don't like VL in gold - it's quite pale, and has a pinkish cast, to my eye. I love how rigid it is, though, and I think it is fabulous in other colours.
I've heard it can be refurbed quite well, too, which is good to know.

Ah......you know what I was liking about it.....that it reminded me of Peau Porc a little with that two-tone grain. Is this a leather that "softens" with wear?

The little I've used my VL Birkin it has softened considerably. It is quite amazing leather, imo. And I'm not terribly fond of epsom or courcheval (have a trim in each), so in comparing VL to those two leathers, there is, to me, no comparison.

It shines, it's very tough, but lively to the touch, rain-resistant, gorgeous two-tone and very light texture....you may be on to something, here....VL may be perfect for your needs in your new bag!