Marc Jacobs bags cost more to make than LV bags?

aluminum_siren

BENZLVSUPREMEHERMES FAN
O.G.
May 25, 2006
From www.fashionista.com:

life%20is%20sad%2C%20believe%20me%20missy%2C%20when%20you%27re%20born%20to%20be%20a%20sissy.jpg

They didn't really post a source though...

What do you guys think about this? Think the keyword here is 'most'. Given two full leather bags I am sure an LV bag would cost more to make...

From Given two full leather bags I am sure an LV bag would cost more to make...

I agree with that, but a lot of Vuitton bags are canvas - so I could see leather bags costing more to produce than canvas. Perhaps they are taking sheer raw material production costs, this doesn't take into account other costs, doesn't Vuitton do a lot more advertising than MJ ?

Although it doesn't say a thing about production costs, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the MJ bags are more expensive to make than some LV. MJ bags use really fantastic leathers and heavy brass hardware. That would probably cost more to make than a mono Speedy (most canvas, small hardware).

Although it doesn't say a thing about production costs, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the MJ bags are more expensive to make than some LV. MJ bags use really fantastic leathers and heavy brass hardware. That would probably cost more to make than a mono Speedy (most canvas, small hardware).
ITA. All the quilting and HW probably make them pricier. Esp the intricate kiss locks vs just zippers.

it's really irrelevant how expensive the starting materials are. The total cost of an item includes the advertising and other intangibles.

Really not making any sense to compare starting materials cost. Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone and Eragon. The latter costs more to print because of fewer copies and more pages, etc.