OH NOOOOO ...Please Help!!!

nelliesa

Jul 3, 2007
If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it......I have an LV Denim bag and due to financial issues I've decided to sell it but I just realized that i got a pen mark on the inside. I know that the pen mark is new......Does anyone know what i can do to get the mark out????? The inside is that yellowish denim and its perfectly clean except for the pen mark which is really disturbing. PLEASE hELP!!!!!

I have an LV Black MC Alma and I got pen mark on the inside of that and I used plain old shaving cream .... just rubbed it on with my finger and it came right out .... not sure what material your bag is tho ???

If it's yellow alcantara, it could be difficult, as it could bleed even more...if it's the yellow microfiber, you could try a little spritz of hairspray on a Q-tip and gently blot it out.....or you could just bring it to your local LV boutique and see what advice they could give you....good luck !!

I don't have any specific advice, but just want to console you in that a mark on the insight is way less damaging for resale value than on the outside (I know you know that, I just want to remind you of that when you're trying to get it out:smile:).

I would def consult LV and ask how they recommend cleaning. You are def not the first person do have done this, and hopefully they will have a solution! And a pen mark on the inside is def better than having one on the outside!

I managed to get some ink stains off of my Beverly MM using an eraser, but that could be because the bag was new.

Here's a couple websites that might be helpful:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2598_remove-ink-stains.html
http://home.ivillage.com/cleanandorganize/cleaning/0,,nkps,00.html

Also, if it is the Alcantara Suede Lining:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ALCANTARA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cleaning and care[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alcantara is a soft and durable faux suede, easily cleaned using just mild soap and water. To keep your furniture looking new simply wipe over with a damp cloth periodically then give it a soft brushing. Removable covers can be machine washed at 30C. Allow to dry naturally, replace covers and brush over. Under no circumstances should solvents or dry cleaning be used.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spillage removal for Alcantara and faux suede[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Egg, beer, milk, cream, chocolate, ice cream: wipe with mild detergent solution then rinse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blood: mild detergent solution, repeated several times if necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coffee, tea, wine, grass, ketchup, alcohol: wash off with mild detergent solution, if discoloured treat with citric acid solution then rinse well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chewing gum: liberally apply with ethyl alcohol and remove.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fatty foods, ink pens, shoe polish: dab with a clean cloth soaked in ethyl alcohol then treat with mild detergent solution and rinse off.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Material Things cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from cleaning. If in doubt test on an inconspicuous area first. Work from the outside of the stain inwards to prevent spreading and allow the area to dry naturally. Treat spills and satins immediately for best results. The exception is mud which should be left to dry then brushed or vacuumed off. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

I hope you get the stain out. HTH;)

I managed to get some ink stains off of my Beverly MM using an eraser, but that could be because the bag was new.

Here's a couple websites that might be helpful:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2598_remove-ink-stains.html
http://home.ivillage.com/cleanandorganize/cleaning/0,,nkps,00.html

Also, if it is the Alcantara Suede Lining:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ALCANTARA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cleaning and care[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alcantara is a soft and durable faux suede, easily cleaned using just mild soap and water. To keep your furniture looking new simply wipe over with a damp cloth periodically then give it a soft brushing. Removable covers can be machine washed at 30C. Allow to dry naturally, replace covers and brush over. Under no circumstances should solvents or dry cleaning be used.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spillage removal for Alcantara and faux suede[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Egg, beer, milk, cream, chocolate, ice cream: wipe with mild detergent solution then rinse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blood: mild detergent solution, repeated several times if necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coffee, tea, wine, grass, ketchup, alcohol: wash off with mild detergent solution, if discoloured treat with citric acid solution then rinse well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chewing gum: liberally apply with ethyl alcohol and remove.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fatty foods, ink pens, shoe polish: dab with a clean cloth soaked in ethyl alcohol then treat with mild detergent solution and rinse off.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Material Things cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from cleaning. If in doubt test on an inconspicuous area first. Work from the outside of the stain inwards to prevent spreading and allow the area to dry naturally. Treat spills and satins immediately for best results. The exception is mud which should be left to dry then brushed or vacuumed off. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

I hope you get the stain out. HTH;)

It's true?:sweatdrop: