Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

This is such an amazing design and beautifully tied, Croisette. I love your offerings these last couple of days.
Thank you very much, Karenska!
Good day, All. It’s 6:30 am here in my hotel room in Philly (our serendipitous, last minute getaway!), DH is still sleeping so I didn’t listen to any music videos that you posted yet but your musical references and mod shots are all making this week a delight. It was a gorgeous day yesterday and today is shaping up to be the same, so here’s a song for you. Mr Berlin, again.

As soon as the train pulled in, we hightailed it to our hotel and on to the Barnes Foundation, our only day to visit it due to its hours of operation. What a fantastic repository of Impressionist and post-Impressionist art, primarily Renoir,
Painting: En Bretagne.

View attachment 5989099
And Cezanne. Painting: The Bellevue Plain.
View attachment 5989102

I will model my SOTD, soon!
View attachment 5989098

Enjoy your trip and esp.the impressionists!

• Thanks
Reactions: Karenska
Good day, All. It’s 6:30 am here in my hotel room in Philly (our serendipitous, last minute getaway!), DH is still sleeping so I didn’t listen to any music videos that you posted yet but your musical references and mod shots are all making this week a delight. It was a gorgeous day yesterday and today is shaping up to be the same, so here’s a song for you. Mr Berlin, again.

As soon as the train pulled in, we hightailed it to our hotel and on to the Barnes Foundation, our only day to visit it due to its hours of operation. What a fantastic repository of Impressionist and post-Impressionist art, primarily Renoir,
Painting: En Bretagne.

View attachment 5989099
And Cezanne. Painting: The Bellevue Plain.
View attachment 5989102

I will model my SOTD, soon!
View attachment 5989098

I love doing the same, getaways in Philadelphia, the Barnes and...Italian food! Enjoy!

Yesterday we got one last gasp of cool weather and I wore my Rooster Scarf again, Cocoricooooo!. If you recall the colorway choice drama in the seasonal thread this is a scarf I bought to remind me of "the old days" of Argentine Tango dancing and in particular my favorite subset of it - Milonga. Of course, there is a milonga called Cacareando which is about hens and roosters (not the birds...) and feature roosters crowing through the song. :lol:

View attachment 5988789

This isn't my favorite video of the song. He is either just a better dancer or she is having a bad day and refuses to collect her feet several times ??? so it's not a "match" (sorry- 15 years of tango does that to me....) but the lyrics are in the description.

Great scarf and a great music association... way way better than The Chicken Song and its accompanying dance! :lol:
(I crack myself up! :lol:)
Gooood morning!!!

Yesterday decided to be considerably more manic than melodic (Thanks for the appropriate earworm @LKBNOLA)

So today I considered the more somber, though hopefull, approach of Leonard Cohen

Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free
Like a worm on a hook
Like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee

With Les oiseaux des champ et de foret.
View attachment 5989003

But after testing my options - the frantic ten scarf minutes each morning - I opted for optimistic with some Spice - either the sugar and Spice of I Feel Good or the energy of Spice Girls - nevertheless my sotd is Au pays des espices
View attachment 5989004
Wish you all a spicy Thuesday!
Lovely scarf - we're sisters! :heart:
This cold early morning with Cosmogonie Apache CSGM

View attachment 5989067

View attachment 5989068
ohmigosh - this ties beautifully! Stay warm Croisette!
What a pretty photo of you, Cookie, all dressed up in your pearls in Paris! We are twins and I love how you paired this treasure - it gives it a more casual vibe. I tend to regard this scarf as a rather formal piece and thus, don’t reach for it very often. You’ve inspired me to work with it!
Thank you sweetie! I'm all about the snazzual - bring yours out and play!
SOTD is Aube Libre Comme L’Ange, which is inspired by the Japanese rock band The Alfee. As soon as I saw the graffiti design and neon colors (particularly the acid green), I knew I had to have it.

Apologies for the yellow, dim light. The room where I keep my collection has one window and faces west, so the light is terrible.
View attachment 5989120

Out on a Starbucks run, which shows the real neon colors.
View attachment 5989121
ooooo - those are great colors!

Great scarf and a great music association... way way better than The Chicken Song and its accompanying dance! :lol:
(I crack myself up! :lol:)

Lovely scarf - we're sisters! :heart:

ohmigosh - this ties beautifully! Stay warm Croisette!

Thank you sweetie! I'm all about the snazzual - bring yours out and play!

ooooo - those are great colors!

:roflmfao: That's not an image anyone needs at 8am! :lol:

There’s a song from the 1960s by The Troggs, a kind of provocative, sexy little number with a hard driving beat and a funky flute interlude that pops into my head whenever I wear my Pelages et Camouflages.
1713877475463.jpeg
I really hope you all don’t curse me out for putting this lil earworm into your drums but I can’t resist.

“Wild thing
You make my heart sing
You make everything groovy
Wild thing”

Or, you can go with the flow, find your groove and dance around the moon. Awooooo!

“My dancing soul doth celebrate”

Today is the day attributed to Shakespeare’s birthday, his 460th. It is also my 68th. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” I guess that’s the best course of action at this stage. :lol:

Dallet’s iconic Jungle Love, 70 stamped issue. “Wild Thing, I think I love you”.

IMG_1476.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg
Out to do some sightseeing. Have a wild (in a good way) day and I’ll be back soon! :hugs:

There’s a song from the 1960s by The Troggs, a kind of provocative, sexy little number with a hard driving beat and a funky flute interlude that pops into my head whenever I wear my Pelages et Camouflages.
View attachment 5989133
I really hope you all don’t curse me out for putting this lil earworm into your drums but I can’t resist.

“Wild thing
You make my heart sing
Wild thing”

Or, you can go with the flow, find your groove and dance around the moon. Awooooo!

Today is the day attributed to Shakespeare’s birthday, his 460th. It is also my 68th. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” I guess that’s the best course of action at this stage. :lol:

Dallet’s iconic Jungle Love, 70 stamped issue. “Wild Thing, I think I love you”.

View attachment 5989138

View attachment 5989137
Out to do some sightseeing. Have a wild (in a good way) day and I’ll be back soon! :hugs:

The very happiest of birthdays to you, dear @Karenska 🎂🎉🥳. You look fantastic!

The Shakespeare quote is wonderful and a wish for all of us: that our lines are caused by joy. JL stamped is joyful indeed - a perfect party scarf. Of course I love your Pelages too (twins or sisters on this) and the Troggs is a fun burst of energy to start the day :tup:

View attachment 5989133

“Wild thing
You make my heart sing
Wild thing”

View attachment 5989138

View attachment 5989137
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, dear Karenska!
The Pelages looks like real fur.