Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

Yes I heard that too but I'm expecting new releases to be more costly, as if the price increases are just built into the price. As we see some of these prices for new items (like denim) is insane and canvas just keeps going up with each release.
Totally agree with you! I think the new strategy (for the time being) is to just release new collections at increasingly higher price points, factoring or building increases into the releases’ initial costs while being able to deny actually increasing prices. 😑

Totally agree with you! I think the new strategy (for the time being) is to just release new collections at increasingly higher price points, factoring or building increases into the releases’ initial costs while being able to deny actually increasing prices. 😑
Hahaha! Yep! You hit the nail RIGHT on the head with that! Hahaha! Deceptive and sneaky. Lol

And why are we being willingly deceived? :hrmm::cursing:

I'm not willingly deceived. :smile: Lol. They aren't pulling the wool over my eyes! Lol. Their new releases have the markups in them. People just getting in on the game may not be aware of the "markup" if it is not described as "price increase". It's all the same. Lol. If we want something, we have to pay their price if bought from the boutiques. The temptation of buying brand new is wearing off for me as the prices are just too much for what they are, and the resale on some of these items drop tremendously...like the LV Capucines. So thank goodness if I want something bad enough that is outrageous, I have other options through the pre loved market :smile: So who gets the last laugh LV? Hahahaha! :smile:

While there may not be an outright general price increase, LV is changing sku numbers for at least two items that I am aware of. The new sku has a mild price increase and the old sku will be discontinued for the exact same bag. So not sure if it is a sign of things to come.
The Alma monogram bb is one. The other is this petit Malle from fw23

Attachments

• IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 52
I know in one of these LV new launch threads someone posted a price reduction. I just thought a mistake that LV will immediately correct. Well read the comments in this youtube video and looks like the tides are turning with all of these price increases. LV is starting to lower prices on new launch products. Some items customers have noticed reductions on some of older products.

Screenshot_20240303_220023_YouTube.jpg

I know in one of these LV new launch threads someone posted a price reduction. I just thought a mistake that LV will immediately correct. Well read the comments in this youtube video and looks like the tides are turning with all of these price increases. LV is starting to lower prices on new launch products. Some items customers have noticed reductions on some of older products.

View attachment 5960408

It's about time! I'm sure they have had a decrease in sales. That is the only reason I see them lowering the price. They are definitely not doing it to be nice to us! Lol. I saw this same thing happen in 2017 I believe. A wallet I had bought a year prior (roughly) went down in price! Not sure if anything else did as I didn't have knowledge of all the prices.
I only found out about my wallet because I went back online to see if the price went up on my wallet. That is when I saw the price went down!

Kicking my ass for buying the Canvas Mono Neverfull MM last year for the 1500€ :facepalm:
Nothing happened since then, no PI, so no longer an increase in value….
What if they reduce the price now… :lol:

It's about time! I'm sure they have had a decrease in sales. That is the only reason I see them lowering the price. They are definitely not doing it to be nice to us! Lol. I saw this same thing happen in 2017 I believe. A wallet I had bought a year prior (roughly) went down in price! Not sure if anything else did as I didn't have knowledge of all the prices.
I only found out about my wallet because I went back online to see if the price went up on my wallet. That is when I saw the price went down!
I'm reading the comments and I'm seeing large dollar amounts being reduced across the board for various luxury retailers. I kept saying over three years ago there's too much old stock sitting around. Shoppers for Chanel is getting Sa texts to purchase merchandise that used to fly off the shelves or was already sold before the launch. Now this merchandise is sitting unsold. What's really greedy?? I want to use another word LOL :giggle: is these luxury corporate greed raised prices on the older stock. If the uber wealthy somewhat slowed down their spending threshold you can imagine what the mid-tier customer has done. Remember this shopper eventually was priced out. To me this shopper affected the bottom line for some of these greedy luxury brands.

I have not really seen a price reduction at LV yet and IMO the price of this simple new pochette is still outrageously high. However what I observe are very high discounts on brands like Gucci, Bottega Veneta and even Loewe on some retailer sites. I already took some advantage of that. With LV they have definitely outpriced me with all the new releases. I am willing to buy LV again if they come to their minds and go back to prices they had in 2019. ;) Let's wait and see!

I have not really seen a price reduction at LV yet and IMO the price of this simple new pochette is still outrageously high. However what I observe are very high discounts on brands like Gucci, Bottega Veneta and even Loewe on some retailer sites. I already took some advantage of that. With LV they have definitely outpriced me with all the new releases. I am willing to buy LV again if they come to their minds and go back to prices they had in 2019. ;) Let's wait and see!
Yes, if we all can STOP THE URGE OF BUYING at their crazy prices and all go on "strike" :smile: (bag ban island) at the SAME TIME, they will get the message and lower their prices! Lol. Can you imagine if they lost about 80 percent of their sales for 3 months? Who will be getting on bag ban island with me? Any volunteers? Lol. I've been off and on since the day I got on Jan 1st. Lol, smh. I am doing better. The longer I resist and just enjoy what I have the easier it gets. It's hard to enjoy what you have when you are constantly adding to your collection. Lol

Yes, if we all can STOP THE URGE OF BUYING at their crazy prices and all go on "strike" :smile: (bag ban island) at the SAME TIME, they will get the message and lower their prices! Lol. Can you imagine if they lost about 80 percent of their sales for 3 months? Who will be getting on bag ban island with me? Any volunteers? Lol. I've been off and on since the day I got on Jan 1st. Lol, smh. I am doing better. The longer I resist and just enjoy what I have the easier it gets. It's hard to enjoy what you have when you are constantly adding to your collection. Lol
I haven't been on ban island but my last LV purchase has been right before Virgil passed away and just recently which was a gap in between purchases. I stopped looking at LV handbags for the women's side for a couple of years now maybe three years and now for me the men's collection and the quality is blowing the women's bags out the park. Right now there's a pattern that I was waiting for years to come out and saved for this collection and I already knew that it will be at a higher price point.

View attachment 5960408

Don’t have time to watch the video however I did experience price reductions. The whole januari Denim and Vernis bag collection was decreased in price compared to the lookbook, all bags decreased with €100 and the bumbag even with €300! My SA also thought it was strange that with doing the pre orders every time the client had some money left of the deposit. My second experience was with the Kusama collection, I’ve ordered one of the perfumes and after a month the price was €10 lower, it’s just €10 but it kind of annoyed me :lol: It also never went up in price anymore.

Don’t have time to watch the video however I did experience price reductions. The whole januari Denim and Vernis bag collection was decreased in price compared to the lookbook, all bags decreased with €100 and the bumbag even with €300! My SA also thought it was strange that with doing the pre orders every time the client had some money left of the deposit. My second experience was with the Kusama collection, I’ve ordered one of the perfumes and after a month the price was €10 lower, it’s just €10 but it kind of annoyed me :lol: It also never went up in price anymore.
Thank you. I'm in the U. S. I purchased two items from the denim collection and right now I'm going to check my receipts and see if there was a price reduction LV will definitely have some explaining to do. Right now I'm trying to stay calm.

bad boys ii GIF

Thank you. I'm in the U. S. I purchased two items from the denim collection and right now I'm going to check my receipts and see if there was a price reduction LV will definitely have some explaining to do. Right now I'm trying to stay calm.

bad boys ii GIF
Well if it is still within the return policy (and still looks unused) I would take it back and ask them to do a price adjustment....or return it and buy it immediately back at the new lower price. Lol

Last edited: