Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

I got the 39 messenger and it just fits a 13” MacBook Pro. You can see it fits just under the hardware in one of the photos attached. It’s much slimmer than the original 39. Perfect for a work bag. Much easier to open and close than I expected. Very happy with it!

View attachment 5816894

View attachment 5816895
I got the exact same one at the store today too, and it’s perfect for a HP elitebook and slim notebook. The zip pocket outside comfortably fits my cardholder and iPhone.

Mod pic worn crossbody and on the shoulder (with laptop & notebook inside). Doesn’t sag too much either! I’m 5’0, about 125lbs.

10/10 would recommend!

IMG_6080.jpeg

IMG_6078.jpeg

I got the exact same one at the store today too, and it’s perfect for a HP elitebook and slim notebook. The zip pocket outside comfortably fits my cardholder and iPhone.

Mod pic worn crossbody and on the shoulder (with laptop & notebook inside). Doesn’t sag too much either! I’m 5’0, about 125lbs.

10/10 would recommend!

View attachment 5820554

View attachment 5820555
Thank you! Was looking for exactly these kind of pictures and I happen to also have an HP Elitebook. Looks like a good workbag.

Reactions: rayshines
Have any of you by chance found a good insert for the herbag (retourne) that you’d recommend? I tried the one that was kind of felt material on Amazon and was not a fan.. would appreciate any other recs you may have!
I got mine from jennykrafts. I went through her website but she also sells through Etsy. She was super responsive. I got the hard base for it, which I feel made a lot of different in keeping it from looking droopy.

Reactions: thebirkinqueen
Hi everyone!

Picked up the messenger 39 in vert de gris and trying to decide to keep it. It is my first Hermes purchase but liking it more each day it is with me. The colour changes with the lighting and looks more grey in the daytime and darker green at night.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on opening the bag as I’m so afraid to scratch the leather and if anyone knows of a organizer for this particular model? Thank you!

IMG_3607.jpeg

Hi everyone!

Picked up the messenger 39 in vert de gris and trying to decide to keep it. It is my first Hermes purchase but liking it more each day it is with me. The colour changes with the lighting and looks more grey in the daytime and darker green at night.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on opening the bag as I’m so afraid to scratch the leather and if anyone knows of a organizer for this particular model? Thank you!

View attachment 5827640
Great color choice! My only tip for scratching the leather is not to worry about it. I scratched mine on accidentally on the first day and realized how easy it is to do. Even just picking it up by the handle, fingernails and rings can easily scratch it. I just tell myself it's going to scratch a lot more, nothing I can do about it except use it and enjoy.

Reactions: Olique and R@ckman
Great color choice! My only tip for scratching the leather is not to worry about it. I scratched mine on accidentally on the first day and realized how easy it is to do. Even just picking it up by the handle, fingernails and rings can easily scratch it. I just tell myself it's going to scratch a lot more, nothing I can do about it except use it and enjoy.
Thanks so much for your tips. I’ll have to get over the fear of scratches and enjoy the bag.
Still looking for an organizer that might fit this beauty.

Of course! :smile:
And I’m curious if you have this inner coating as well. It looks like Hermes was experimenting with some tiny touches through the Herbag timeline. For example — I haven’t seen much small inner pockets in the bases (I guess just in 2000 and 2001 bags), and I have a glove (?) clip that sometimes pop up in vintage Herbags but also not in every one.
Hi! I just got a bag from 2003 and it has that coating as well on the beige canvas. I flipped it and using it as the outside.

Reactions: Olique
These are the scratches / dents on my Herbag a dos after using it maybe 10 times. „A dos“ version is a bit smaller then the 39 and when I put my HP Elitebook (quit a view of us here haha) it’s really stretched, that’s why the dents from the hardware are a bit intense I think.

But it does not worry me at all. When closed, it’s hidden anyways. And it’s such a thick leather, I think scratches and other marks make it interesting rather then making it unfavorable in any way. But of course that’s an individual preference

IMG_4876.jpeg