Withdrawing your auction question

spylove22

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
I know you can withdraw your auction if there are more than 12 hours left and cancel all bids but ebay has a warning to the effect that they don't like this practice, etc.
I was just wondering how serious are they in checking how many times you withdraw items, will they ban your account, etc. Is there a set limit of times per year? Anyone know?

i have withdrawn items, as well as canceled many bids from buyers with too few feedback, and i've never gotten any warnings.
i think it really depends on the ratio of what you list and what you withdraw. i'm sure if you withdrew everything, that would send up warning flags.

I think the idea is that they would eventually ban a person who constantly withdraws their auctions. And they should. Why waste everyone's time? If a seller finds that they are needing to withdraw auctions they might want to change their strategy or people will stop watching their auctions. I think it's called a "non-performing seller". In other words they are offering items for sale but don't actually complete an auction.

I've never received any warnings, but eBay is getting nutso! I stopped selling a few months ago when an authentic bag was removed (I had verification).

That seems to be their M.O., I've talk to so many sellers that have had authentic bags removed while bags that my child would be able to tell are fakes remain up. I wonder what that top secret policy that they use to detirmine authenticity is. Because they're getting it wrong.

I hope they don't ban sellers that end auctions early, i seem to do it a lot LOL, I was selling a bag that I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to sell it. I kept posting it and taking it down, finally i left it up and it gone down to less than 12 hours and i couldn't take it down :sad: