Carly lovers - look at this knockoff being sold!

I completely agree. Honestly, I'd much rather see someone buy this than by a counterfeit Coach bag. There are some people who really like the style of the Carly who can't afford a real Coach so they buy designer inspired. Honestly, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I am not saying I think this is as nice as a Carly bag - far from it - but, for someone who wants one and can't afford the real thing, I think it's a good and legal alternative.

Just my opinion...

ITA!! :yes:

I have seen Coach copy other designers' ideas and put it on their own bags. How is that any different?
It's not. I don't want something that is a copy. i feel that they are stealing, however, if it is only a small aspect of the purse such as a latch style, then it isn't a big deal because there are only so many designs and they are bound to make it around. If they copy all of it, like these bags, then it is different. If coach were to make a paddington or anything else then I would feel that it was a fake. If they take a small part of the design and use it then it is fine.

I'm sorry but I hardly call these sunglasses they offer 'designer inspired'. When I first looked at the 'LV' wannabes I thought they were counterfeit. I don't agree that just because they added an extra line thru the L that they should be considered legal. From far away they look like the true LV logo.

I especially think the 'Coach' wannabes don't look different enough to be designer inspired. They still use the double C's when they should have to use a different letter.:rolleyes:

You be the judge.

Attachments

• BJ0524.jpg
    BJ0524.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 39
  • O0524.jpg
    O0524.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 37
I'm sorry but I hardly call these sunglasses they offer 'designer inspired'. When I first looked at the 'LV' wannabes I thought they were counterfeit. I don't agree that just because they added an extra line thru the L that they should be considered legal. From far away they look like the true LV logo.

I especially think the 'Coach' wannabes don't look different enough to be designer inspired. They still use the double C's when they should have to use a different letter.:rolleyes:

You be the judge.
Yes, I agree - the Coach sunglasses are counterfeit, no doubt about it. They are using Coach's trademarked logo and those are illegal. The LV ones are questionable, but I don't think they are true counterfeits by definition. Like you say, though, from a distance I don't think anyone would see that little addition to the LV letters.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I absolutely HATE fakes and fakers. I am not siding with the counterfeiters in any way. I was just pointing out that there is a definition between counterfeit and designer inspired and I really don't see anything wrong with true designer inspired items.

^^^^ I am counter-agreeing with you. Yet, the only thing worse than this websites offerings are true "use the designer name on the product" counterfeits.

I am just "concerned" about the fact that these are no different from 'fakes' in that they could possibly be mistaken for the real thing. (at least from a distance)

I completely agree. Honestly, I'd much rather see someone buy this than by a counterfeit Coach bag. There are some people who really like the style of the Carly who can't afford a real Coach so they buy designer inspired. Honestly, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I am not saying I think this is as nice as a Carly bag - far from it - but, for someone who wants one and can't afford the real thing, I think it's a good and legal alternative.

Just my opinion...

I agree! The bag that was posted wasn't a knockoff, it was just inspired by Coach. It's infinitely better than a fake! :yes:

Yep - Replicas don't bother me (which is what that Carly-like bag is). I mean, if you've ever been to Wilsons Suede & Leather that have a ton of high quality handbag with some of the styles looking very similiar to some designer bags.

Counterfeits/Fakes are definitely WRONG (which is what those shades are).

There's a purse store in my mall that sells all kinds of obvious fakes. I use to go there before I discovered that I was buying fakes last year. I was there yesterday and say a TERRIBLE Carly ripoff and tons of Goach and copies of other designer brands. Makes me so angry. But yeah I've been seing LOTS of Carly ripoffs around the Boston area recently.