Anyone else waiting for a pet?

nextnewface

Mar 1, 2006
Okay, so I got inspired by all the pregnant PFers and I thought it would be interesting to make this thread for everyone who is expecting a pet :smile: Or for those who are wait-listed with a breeder, waiting on a shelter to approve their application or waiting for your furbaby to be old enough to take home !! :yahoo:

Here, you can share your excitement, your anticipation, your fears, your joy, your questions!!!

In my case, I'm sooooo excited! I got the "contract" from the breeder yesterday because I'm adopting a retired mommy Abyssinian!!! I don't know when I'll have her with me yet as she's still taking care of her adorable kittens, that I've had the chance to see when I visited :heart: I think I'll have her with me in September and the wait is reallyyyyy getting on my nerves (I'm not the most patient person in the world :rolleyes::roflmfao:) ! I think she's gonna be verrrryyyy spoiled :graucho:

So, who else is waiting?​

Awww puppy itch! Yeahhh I wish I could get one too but no puppies allowed where I live :crybaby: Oh well, in a few year I'm definitely getting one !!!

And thanks, can't wait to be able to post pictures! :nuts:

now that jeter's left us :crybaby:, bonnie needs a companion. we've got an application in to a rescue and should have a new doggie in a couple weeks.

maybe this one?
588314_1184978958.jpg

oh, thanks ladies -- i've been so comforted by all your kind words on jeter's thread. i haven't posted too much myself, because i just start crying again.

bonnie has been OK -- she's a very independent dog, although she didn't eat much the first couple days. which is not all that bad, as she gained a good bit of weight while jeter was sick (eating all the food he didn't want). i'm sure she'd manage as an only dog, but she loves to play and rough-house so much that i really think she needs a brother or sister.

now that jeter's left us :crybaby:, bonnie needs a companion. we've got an application in to a rescue and should have a new doggie in a couple weeks.

maybe this one?
588314_1184978958.jpg

What a beautiful dog! I know he or she will be very well loved in your home...I hope you get the dog to their forever home soon!

I know I told you this before, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. I still tear up about my shih tzu that passed 4 years ago sometimes!

I am waiting to bring home my little cockapoo. She is only about a month old right now. I have a few weeks to go before I can go get her. I can't wait. I will post pics when she comes home!

We are driving up to Florida to visit my parents, and pick up this little puppy from a breeder. We found her on the www.puppies.find.com website. We already have an older Shar-pei (pictured with the pink purse) so I hope she does not get jealous of her new younger sister because she is very spoiled and has never been around alot of other dogs.

Attachments

• tutu.jpg
    tutu.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 34
  • zoe.jpg
    zoe.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 43
I am picking up a red/white three year old female papillon in a couple of weeks. She has had a litter of puppies and now the breeder is retiring her to a good home.
I've just paid to have her desexed and teeth cleaned.
I have no other dogs but three ragdoll cats who miss their companion - my last little pap who passed on.

Awwww I'm so excited for you all!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of all these new additions :graucho: New pets make me so happy! It's so much fun to discover their personnalities and quirks :smile: And to see them adapt to your household!!

Slayer, paps are adorable!!! And retired breeders make such good pets :heart: You need to post pictures of your ragdolls!!! What colour are they? I have a Seal Mitted, he's the love of my life!!! :love:

Awwww I'm so excited for you all!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of all these new additions :graucho: New pets make me so happy! It's so much fun to discover their personnalities and quirks :smile: And to see them adapt to your household!!​

Slayer, paps are adorable!!! And retired breeders make such good pets :heart: You need to post pictures of your ragdolls!!! What colour are they? I have a Seal Mitted, he's the love of my life!!! :love:

It's not easy to get them all to sit nicely for a pic but I will have to see if I can find any.
I have: Jimmy - Lilac Mitted male
Louis - blue pointed male
Opal - Chocolate bi-colour female.
So a bit of a mix of colours. My absolute fave colour is a seal mitted but there were not any available when I purchased my babies.

Awww yay! I love your mix of colours :smile: And I'd love to see them all :P The breeder I got Armani from used to have a lot of Seal Mitted kitties but now she's focusing on Bicolors... I think my next Rag will be a Bi :smile: Maybe Lilac ... or blue! But that won't be for a while :nogood: maybe in a few years :P

I am!!! Waiting on a Samoyed Puppy - getting him in a week! We've been searching for 9 months and the time has finally come. :yahoo: If anyone has any experience with sammies I would love to hear more about them (the good bad and ugly). I've only had pomeranians so here is my first time with a larger breed. Thanks