Listing removed with less than 24hrs to go!

H_addict

H is for HOCKEY
O.G.
Jan 29, 2006
:cursing: I am PISSED! eBay removed my listing with less than 24hrs to go because:

"Dear XXX XXXX,

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following auction-style listing(s):

XXXXXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Paypal Payments policy and has been removed from eBay. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

will ONLY accept PayPal eCheck for this transaction. ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT CARDS!

Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option in the listing process must accept all forms of PayPal payment, without restriction.

For example, it is *not* permitted to state:

"I only accept cash transfers with PayPal (no credit cards or echecks)"
"I only accept payments with PayPal over $15"

As far as I am concerned, eBay just lost me as a customer! They can go :cursing: themselves together with their idiotic policies! You mean to tell me they couldn't email me to tell me this when they took almost 24 :cursing:ING hours to approve my listing to begin with?! Oh well! Let the freaking virtual fleamarket go to hell (because that's where they are headed! FAST!).

OK, rant over! Thanks for letting me vent!:smile:

Oh, FFS!!! That is RIDICULOUS! Maybe they want to make sure they can rake in the CC fees from your Paypal sales. What I don't get, is why on earth they can't just send you a message telling you that you have to revise your item?

What I don't get, is why on earth they can't just send you a message telling you that you have to revise your item?

That would be so much easier, wouldn't it?

Answer: because they're eBay, they do things bass-ackwards, and we have to either suck it up or leave. :cursing:

H_addict, I am so sorry this happened to you! I'm dealing with an irritating and similarly stupid eBay policy right now as well. GahhhhH!

Oh, FFS!!! That is RIDICULOUS! Maybe they want to make sure they can rake in the CC fees from your Paypal sales. What I don't get, is why on earth they can't just send you a message telling you that you have to revise your item?

as you know, i happen to agree with the policy that when one lists as paypal accepted, all paypal should be accepted -- however, it's outrageous and idiotic indeed that they couldn't just tell you to revise your listing. i don't see how pulling it is anyone's best interest -- not even THEIRS, since they lose the listing fees. stupid is as stupid does, i guess.

OMG what an idiotic thing to remove a listing for...these people at ebay have too much time on their hands doing the wrong things, shouldnt they be focusing on illegal activites ??.

OMG what an idiotic thing to remove a listing for...these people at ebay have too much time on their hands doing the wrong things, shouldnt they be focusing on illegal activites ??.

UGH! I wish an alternative to eBay would be available! I am so sick of their sh%#! Between them and PayPal and all of their fees and greediness... :cursing:Don't even get me started! I am so sorry this happened to you!

Oh that is just some classic BS! I cant believe that! Ebay is so...wrong..in so many ways. If another auction site that people actually know about ever pops up, I am so there.

I am sorry H but if it makes you feel any better they did that to me too today because, in my title I used the words "like new". Didn't realize that was a no-no.

But they will allow countless fakes on eBay even when they have been reported.

I think this is EXACTLY what happened to you Irene. That is ****ty..sorry to be crass but it is :hs:! I would re-list just to spite them..take out the conditions and see what happens next. They once put a limit on my designer bags and I e-mailed them fairly rudely/to-the-point and they reinstated my auctions.