Is it just me or.....

jackie1

O.G.
May 14, 2007
:nogood:does anyone else just not get the patent obsession that all the designers have had for the last and upcoming seasons I have tried but I can't see anything other than the shine which I personally just dont like
maybe its just me

It's weird. I mean, I like the way patent looks I suppose, but generally, I'd prefer regular leather over patent ANY day. I don't like how it's trendy and gets finger prints all over it. I have a black patent Gucci clutch and I love it for nights out, but I wouldn't choose patent for an every day bag.

I dont dislike patent bags or anything, but I kind of see patent as a trendy thing, so when it comes to really expensive bags, I would not choose a patent one, as I think other bags are just more classic. (I do know that some patent bags are considered classic, but I think I personally would get tired of patent after a while)

I think patent is pretty on small to mid-sized bags. And by that I mean, no bigger than 12 x 5. I like big bags well enough, but I think patent leather on these MASSIVE bags looks kind of cheap. Just my $0.02.

:nogood:does anyone else just not get the patent obsession that all the designers have had for the last and upcoming seasons I have tried but I can't see anything other than the shine which I personally just dont like
maybe its just me

I am not a fan either. I don't mind small accessories (skinny belt for example) but can't do anything larger than that.

I agree with jenniferelaine, I think it looks good in small doses but too large bags look plastic-y. I think subtle patent touches, like peep toe pumps, are the best uses for patent.

The last patent bag I owned was in the late 70's....it was a structured bag and showed a gazillion fingerprints. But a small, crackled patent can be cute, but dressy. I stay away from patent leather.

No matter how often I see a patent bag I like (not many by the way) and no matter how much I may like the styling, ultimately all I really see is PLASTIC when I see patent bags. I don't mind patent shoes at all. Love them in fact, but with handbags it's like a flashback to the kiddie "starter bags" I had when I was 6 years old! :yucky:

I agree with those of you that say it's fine on smaller bags. I have a couple of evening clutches that are patent and I love them. Don't know why it doesn't work for me with large bags. :shrugs: