Where to buy a chain strap to match YSL antique gold hardware?

milo89

O.G.
Dec 13, 2011
Hi! I am so excited because I just received my first YSL in the mail! [emoji85] It's a Toy LouLou in Dark Latte and GHW (see pics[emoji2] ). I am looking to find a chain strap I could replace the leather strap with for when I attend events or going out in the future. However, I'm having trouble finding one that would match the type of GHW my bag has, its more of an antique or brushed type gold colour. I attached close up pics of the GHW.

I've seen a few on here and on IG swap out the straps of their SHW Toy LouLous, but none with the GHW. Does anyone have any recommendations where I could find chains that would match?

TIA!! [emoji8] 20200313_223943.jpg20200313_225457.jpg20200313_225516.jpg

Hi! I am so excited because I just received my first YSL in the mail! [emoji85] It's a Toy LouLou in Dark Latte and GHW (see pics[emoji2] ). I am looking to find a chain strap I could replace the leather strap with for when I attend events or going out in the future. However, I'm having trouble finding one that would match the type of GHW my bag has, its more of an antique or brushed type gold colour. I attached close up pics of the GHW.

I've seen a few on here and on IG swap out the straps of their SHW Toy LouLous, but none with the GHW. Does anyone have any recommendations where I could find chains that would match?

TIA!! [emoji8] View attachment 4689804View attachment 4689807View attachment 4689808
This Etsy seller seems to have a colour very similar. It says it’s the Gucci vintage gold den colour but I think it looks pretty similar.

https://etsy.me/3bRnGQr

I have the Polene numero un mini strap that I use with my ystoy loulou. The hardware matches perfectly and it is a solid high quality chain.the style of the chain looks like a ysl chain. If you like the Polene numero un mini bag, then you could order that bag.

I checked mautto.com but I don’t think they carried anything in the exact same finish.

Reactions: nattyt145
Thanks for all your recommendations! I finally found a chain for my toy loulou! Funny though because I might be returning the bag due to stitching issues lol.

This one has a slight yellow tinge than expected but I find blends with the antique gold brassy hardware. See pics attached. [emoji4] Not sure if I can share links here, but pm me if you want to know where to buy this exact one. 20200422_155958.jpg20200422_160106.jpg

Thanks for all your recommendations! I finally found a chain for my toy loulou! Funny though because I might be returning the bag due to stitching issues lol.

This one has a slight yellow tinge than expected but I find blends with the antique gold brassy hardware. See pics attached. [emoji4] Not sure if I can share links here, but pm me if you want to know where to buy this exact one. View attachment 4715153View attachment 4715155
Looks really good!
What stitching issue does your bag have? Do you still have tags on it?
Wanting to exchange mine because of the stitching on the flap but hubby bought it at the store and it’s display (last one in that colour) and came with no tags. I have a feeling they’re going to give me grief. Annoyed they sold him a bag with no tags. I’ve never used it since we’ve been in lockdown the whole time since purchase. Their store isnt even open yet. Hoping they exchange for me anyway.

Reactions: milo89
Looks really good!
What stitching issue does your bag have? Do you still have tags on it?
Wanting to exchange mine because of the stitching on the flap but hubby bought it at the store and it’s display (last one in that colour) and came with no tags. I have a feeling they’re going to give me grief. Annoyed they sold him a bag with no tags. I’ve never used it since we’ve been in lockdown the whole time since purchase. Their store isnt even open yet. Hoping they exchange for me anyway.
No tags were attached to mine as I bought it from Matches Fashion. The stitching problem I posted in another thread over here:
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/1027037/

Is yours similar? I was looking at other toy loulous online preowned and new. On some close up pics it looks to be normal on most of them.

Matches is asking me to return it to them for further inspection, but I like it so much I'm not so sure yet if I will. This colour is out of stock everywhere else I'm afraid I won't find it again for the same price. I might just keep it and have it repaired one day or have the small holes or potential rips filled somehow.

I've seen many unboxing reviews in which the bags have no tags attached to it. And they've extended online returns, perhaps email them and inquire about how they will be accepting returns on items bought in store prior to lock down? Maybe they can do an exchange via mail?

No tags were attached to mine as I bought it from Matches Fashion. The stitching problem I posted in another thread over here:
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/1027037/

Is yours similar? I was looking at other toy loulous online preowned and new. On some close up pics it looks to be normal on most of them.

Matches is asking me to return it to them for further inspection, but I like it so much I'm not so sure yet if I will. This colour is out of stock everywhere else I'm afraid I won't find it again for the same price. I might just keep it and have it repaired one day or have the small holes or potential rips filled somehow.

I've seen many unboxing reviews in which the bags have no tags attached to it. And they've extended online returns, perhaps email them and inquire about how they will be accepting returns on items bought in store prior to lock down? Maybe they can do an exchange via mail?
Yes! I think it’s exactly the same issue. If it’s normal maybe I’ll just leave it then. They don’t have any more of this colour either which is the colour I wanted.
I called them to ask about exchanging and they said sure if the tags are still on the bag and I told them it was sold without the tags and she kind of blew me off and was like oh send an email. So I might just go in store when they open again and see what they say. It also has some creases but I guess it would probably get those anyway. We paid full price though so it’s a little annoying.

Attachments

• D433CF5E-C602-4E60-9C6B-8E11E0E30C2F.jpeg
    D433CF5E-C602-4E60-9C6B-8E11E0E30C2F.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 315

This one has a slight yellow tinge than expected but I find blends with the antique gold brassy hardware. See pics attached. [emoji4] Not sure if I can share links here, but pm me if you want to know where to buy this exact one. View attachment 4715153View attachment 4715155

would love to know where you got the strap! could you pm me please? not sure how to do it

I just swapped mine for a different colour and now have this hardware! Can I know where you bought your chain from please? Thanks :smile: