Banff, Alberta tPF Meet on Sunday, October 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas I will be in Europe on a cruise for most of November, but I'm good any other time - if you decide to do it then I'm still happy to help organize but will miss the fun /sniff lol

... The Manager at the LV Boutique in Banff is very excited about having us, they are providing some very special things, we will have the store closed for our event, champagne, and they are going to offer a percentage of sales to a charity on our behalf. Also hotel rates for tPFers will be made available in the area for overnighters. They are rolling out the red carpet for us :smile: Not only is this LV in one of the most scenic tourist towns being in the Canadian Rockies, they often have some unique items in the Canadian LV inventory.

This will be by invitation only, and Louis Vuitton will be sending them out on behalf of Jazzie and myself -- so LV forum members looking to join us in Banff, Alberta for meet please start letting us know your preferences. Also send your interest to participate by to Jazzie or myself by PM for consideration of our invitation list when we are ready to compile one, Thank you :smile:

WOW! That sounds totally awesome!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go! That is so sweet of Banff LV!!

Oh Vista if you're organizing this you HAVE to be there...so I guess we will have to go on a weekend then, will that be alright for most people? I definitely cannot go during weekdays because if I miss two or even just one day of class I'll fall way behind. I guess if I let my manager know way ahead of time I can try getting Saturday/Sunday off.

Are boyfriends/husbands allowed to come too?

So here is my reply:

September, October, November or other? Definitely not in September since I'm still settling down in school and everything. If it's on the weekend, really it doesn't matter. Hopefully if it's in October, then it'll be mid-October because I have mid-terms in late October/early November. If Vista is back for late November, late November then.

What day of the week? During regular school time, preferrably Saturday/Sunday.

What date would you request? Again if it's on the weekend it doesn't matter TOO much. Here are some suggestions (and my personal preference):

Friday, October 5th (after 3:00 pm) / Saturday, October 6th / Sunday October 7th - Thanksgiving weekend! Monday October 8th is Thanksgiving so if they agree to give a percentage of our sales to charity, wouldn't that be kind of appropriate??

Friday, November 9 (after 3:00 pm) / Saturday, November 10 / Sunday, November 11 (Remembrance Day) / Monday, November 12 - long weekend for me, but Vista may be on cruise.

December - if you guys don't mind doing it late, I have no exams, no school after December 19th. But since Christmas is nearing, everyone may be busy planning events/vacations/etc.

Mode of Transportation: Carpool, own vehicle, etc. I don't think you guys should trust me on the highway...so I vote for Carpool. If boyfriends/husbands are allowed to come, I can get my boyfriend to drive me (or be one of the Carpool cars, but I'll have to speak with him first). There are also shuttles from downtown Calgary to downtown Banff, we can look into that.

Time of event.

If it falls on a Friday, preferrably after 3:00 pm because I get of classes at 2:00 pm and I'll need to get home and get ready to go.

If it falls on a Saturday then any time works.

If it falls on a Sunday and it's not a long weekend, the earlier the better so I don't get home too late. If it's a long weekend Sunday any time works.

If it's a long weekend Monday any time works.

---

I hope I'm not being too picky or anything...! I definitely want to make it and I want this to work!! LOL. If you guys need any help with planning this even please PM me!!!

Sincerely sorry gals :crybaby:Can't meet up with all of you even though I really really want to :heart: I am still so happy get to talk to Vista in real life :heart: I am in Winnipeg and my kids would have in school :sad: But have fun and share all the scoops as well as pics please :P Love you all :heart:

Boyfriends and Husbands certainly can come, Karman - that's a given :smile: we'll have to do a poll on dates in a bit onces we narrow it down I think you have some good suggestions there, we'll also verify them with LV for availability.

Me wanna come! :nuts:

Sundays works best for me - afternoon (drive there in AM, shop, drive back) AKA non-alcoholic punch please! :P

Preferably BEFORE there is too much snow on the ground to make driving treacherous...

Is the Banff LV open on Sundays? And isn't PSN only for Holt's?

I think Nyria is also in Alberta if you want to contact her Vista...

I will post a link to this thread in my siggy for more exposure :tup:

Just talked to DH - he'll come on a Sunday but NOT September 9th as he'll be in the US that weekend...

How about Sunday, September 2? Right before school starts?

Just talked to DH - he'll come on a Sunday but NOT September 9th as he'll be in the US that weekend...

How about Sunday, September 2? Right before school starts?

I don't think I would be able to make it in September :sad: Especially that weekend I need to help my boyfriend move into his new place...

Boyfriends and Husbands certainly can come, Karman - that's a given :smile: we'll have to do a poll on dates in a bit onces we narrow it down I think you have some good suggestions there, we'll also verify them with LV for availability.

That's great! I talked to my boyfriend yesterday about the possibility of him coming, he said he'd love to go so we cancelled our August plans to go to Banff now and hopefully we can make it to the meet. For us long weekends with holidays would work best, because he has school from 9am - 3pm on Saturdays. Sundays are fine of course and long weekends are better because I won't have school on Monday so I don't have to stress during our meet.

So for us, Saturday Oct 6 / Sunday Oct 7 would be best...since yeah there won't be a lot of snow yet and Tina you'll be here since it's not November. September is a bad month just because he starts school/ is settling into his place and I start second year chemical Engineering and it'll take me awhile to get back into school mode...lol

I will post a link to this thread in my siggy for more exposure :tup:

Just saw this in your siggy Addy - YAY - I am so excited - I will def. be there!
My schedule is the same as Karman's pretty much. I am a teacher so weekdays are out - and if it's Friday I just need enough time to get there from Red Deer.
I've never been to the LV in Banff - that would be amazing.

Just let me know the date and time and I am there!!!!
Let me know also if there is anything I can do to help prepare!
:wlae:

Status
Not open for further replies.