Best ways to get paid???

VanessaJean

Tattooed Princess
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
I am a new seller who is looking to start selling on EBay. I will accept PayPal of course but what are other safe ways to get paid? I live in Canada so are U.S and international Money Orders good here? Any help would be great!

Paypal is a convenient way to get paid. But educate yourself on the Seller Protection Program. The safest way to get paid is with a money order. I don't know if US Postal money orders are able to be cashed at Canadian post offices but if they are, that would be the way to go.

I hear some USA & Canadian sellers prefer MO :smile: but don't go for bank wire, we don't know what kind of buyers we encounter!!! I've several buyers and they usually charge their bank fees to me ( which about US$ 20-30 ) or reduce the payment, beware.

I am in Canada too, and another option when you are dealing with Canadian buyers is instant money transfer...works super slick between all the major Canadian banks and the cost is only about $1.50...hth...

Just my opinion but MO are way too much trouble (from a buyers perspective.) I have to either go to a bank or the post office, I actually won't buy from sellers if I have to pay them with a MO

Just my opinion but MO are way too much trouble (from a buyers perspective.) I have to either go to a bank or the post office, I actually won't buy from sellers if I have to pay them with a MO

ITA, but the OP is looking for methods of payment in addition to paypal.

I don't know much about Bidpay, but you may want to check them out as well.

Ok thanks everyone for all the help. I think I will stick to PayPal and money order.
Does a money order go directly into your bank account or do you go to the post office to pick it up and cash it?

I find a MO annoying too, I rather pay a little extra so that I can pay through paypal... it's not always easy to go to the postoffice and you will need to pay with either cash or bankcard, no cc allowed, the process just takes too long for me. To send a money order out of USA to Can they will need to buy an international MO. I believe you could do the MO thing online too, but haven' tried that yet.

I only accept PayPal and USPS money order. I can cash the USPS MO in the post office so there is no worry about having a fake MO. But there is a risk buyers failed or delay to mail the MO, or it is lost in mail.