Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Difficult to say without knowing your skin or hair and how it would look on you, the dresses are all beautiful.
Thank you Gabs007
I had different ID in the past girleuro so you probably saw my pictures before
I am blond blue eyes light complexion tall medium built hourglass figure Fr 40
I understand it’s hard to advise
But which one looks more beautiful as a dress . The colors are similar.
Chloe is blue/navy polka dots and another is Balenciaga Black with pink and white daisies
First one cotton and silk
The second one silk satin

Ok ladies where are you all ? Haven’t seen any of you?? @Marylin @MinaAnais
The summer is going to the end
Hope all of you are well
I need advice. Looking to purchase Maxi beautiful but more casual summer brunch, ( maybe going to Design district in Miami for my Birthday brunch, next month) dress that is not Chanel yep I said it ok
These two which one would you think would fit me better
There is no magenta one , but the black with daisies is exactly the same style
Waiting for the advice
That first blue one is incredible! It gets my vote!

Thank you Gabs007
I had different ID in the past girleuro so you probably saw my pictures before
I am blond blue eyes light complexion tall medium built hourglass figure Fr 40
I understand it’s hard to advise
But which one looks more beautiful as a dress . The colors are similar.
Chloe is blue/navy polka dots and another is Balenciaga Black with pink and white daisies
First one cotton and silk
The second one silk satin

With your colouring possibly the 1st one?

Reactions: Gigi1
They are both lovely. The first one is definitely more exquisite. The second one initially looked like a white dress with black flowers on my phone, so rather plain. I see they now both have nice pops to them. But, I really think the first one is more special.

Last edited:
They are both lovely. The first one is definitely more exquisite. The second one initially looked like a white dress with black flowers on my phone, so rather plain. I see they now both have nice pops to them. But, I really think the first one is more special.
Thank you so much @tbbbjb
I thought so too especially I like the neckline on the dress .
And I just purchased lucky me, I got an amazing deal The same dress others still selling 3-4 times more expensive.

Ok ladies where are all ? Haven’t seen any of you?? @Marylin @MinaAnais
The summer is going to the end
Hope all of you are well
I need advice. Looking to purchase Maxi beautiful but more casual summer brunch, ( maybe going to Design district in Miami for my Birthday brunch, next month) dress that is not Chanel yep I said it ok
These two which one would you think would fit me better
There is no magenta one , but the black with daisies is exactly the same style
Waiting for the advice
They are both lovely...I would consider the price, fabric and wearablity. If both are synthetic, consider purchasing the one that is of the best quality. If one is natural fibres and not too costly along with wearability, then purchase the natural fibre, it its a better investment.

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well!!
I have been mia as well, but my second kid is already 7 months old! I’m finally ready to start planning my dream wardrobe (drumrolls)
After 2 pregnancies my body is not just the same any more and I’m tired of always looking frumpy. I want people to think “I can’t believe she has 2 kids” rather than “I get it, she’s got 2 kids...”
but also the whole “dress for the life you want, not the life you have “ just leads to pretty fantasy clothing in the closet and running around in leggins. So for 2020 my goals are:
-new underwear: two, maybe three bras in black snd beige. After 2 years of pregnancy and nursing bras. I am SO READYfor this. I will also get rid of the mess that is my panties drawer lol bye to the too small, multicolored underwear that comes in a pack. I recently found uniqlo underwear and I will be sliwly replacing my collection with those
- 2 pairs of levis 724: I just bought a pair and I love them. All my other jeans are too big on me now
- quality, fitting white tees that last for years (any recomendation?)

As you can see I am rebuilding my wardrobe and investing in quality pieces. How is this pertinent to this thread you may ask? Lol
Well I’ve also “joined” a slow buy challenge for 2020, because at the end of the month my money has gone to little things I don’t need, or have already. I want every purchase in my new wardrobe to be well thought, and concious. I want quality pieces that fit me and I want a cohesive, functional and chic wardrobe. Will I get there? Only time will tell...
i also want to apreciate what I already have: no more massive purges that lead to mindless purchases (nice rhyming hehe). I will mend and polish shoes, make alterations to clothes so they fit, and wash and dry all garnmemts properly. And instead of scrolling through zara’s site I need to focus on what I have, the people I love and the moment I am living!!!
Any goals for 2020?
And to answer the question above, I have a lovely red sweater I mended recently, I will wear that!!

Please recommend white tees and good bras!

I have been mia as well, but my second kid is already 7 months old! I’m finally ready to start planning my dream wardrobe (drumrolls)
After 2 pregnancies my body is not just the same any more and I’m tired of always looking frumpy. I want people to think “I can’t believe she has 2 kids” rather than “I get it, she’s got 2 kids...”
but also the whole “dress for the life you want, not the life you have “ just leads to pretty fantasy clothing in the closet and running around in leggins. So for 2020 my goals are:
-new underwear: two, maybe three bras in black snd beige. After 2 years of pregnancy and nursing bras. I am SO READYfor this. I will also get rid of the mess that is my panties drawer lol bye to the too small, multicolored underwear that comes in a pack. I recently found uniqlo underwear and I will be sliwly replacing my collection with those
- 2 pairs of levis 724: I just bought a pair and I love them. All my other jeans are too big on me now

As you can see I am rebuilding my wardrobe and investing in quality pieces. How is this pertinent to this thread you may ask? Lol
Well I’ve also “joined” a slow buy challenge for 2020, because at the end of the month my money has gone to little things I don’t need, or have already. I want every purchase in my new wardrobe to be well thought, and concious. I want quality pieces that fit me and I want a cohesive, functional and chic wardrobe. Will I get there? Only time will tell...
i also want to apreciate what I already have: no more massive purges that lead to mindless purchases (nice rhyming hehe). I will mend and polish shoes, make alterations to clothes so they fit, and wash and dry all garnmemts properly. And instead of scrolling through zara’s site I need to focus on what I have, the people I love and the moment I am living!!!
Any goals for 2020?
And to answer the question above, I have a lovely red sweater I mended recently, I will wear that!!

For long sleeve white tees, JCrew perfect fit, for short sleeve, JPeterman.

Any goals for 2020?

I’ve been quite pleased with Majestic Filatures tees but only the natural fiber ones, not the viscose blended (Yuck!). The ones I like in particular are called “Deluxe 100% Cotton” Tees. And unfortunately, not many stores carry the natural fiber ones but I have been able to find them online.

Last edited:
I’ve been pleased with Majestic Filatures tees but only the natural fiber ones, not the viscose blended (Yuck!). And unfortunately, not many stores carry the natural fiber ones but I have been able to find them online.

@susanagonzc

I was also going to mention Wolford. I have found them to be of very good quality. They have outlet stores and a couple of good sales online and in-store every year.

Regarding Majestic Filatures: I have had success in the US finding natural fiber tees at YOOX, The Outnet and Farfetch. I have found the natural fiber ones much easier to obtain in store in Europe.

Farfetch has Majestic Filatures natural fiber short sleeve and long sleeve tees in white:
https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/search/items.aspx?q=majestic filatures white t&ffref=inputSuggestion;Suggestions;majestic filatures white t;1

Here are a couple that are 100% cotton and short-sleeved:
https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/w...lain-t-shirt-item-14399958.aspx?storeid=10034

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/w...-neck-t-shirt-item-14510049.aspx?storeid=9446

HTH. I have slowly revamped my wardrobe over the past 5-7 years to only include high quality, natural fiber clothing. Try to familiarize yourself in what to look for in a quality garment (look carefully at how it is made, there are lots of articles online that will help you know what to look for) because a high price doesn’t necessarily mean good quality.

Once you own some natural fiber, well-made garments you will love how they look, feel, wash up and you will not want to settle for less. The first thing I do now when shopping is feel the garment (if it doesn’t feel amazing it goes back on the rack) then I check for natural fibers (if it doesn’t have any back on the rack it goes, if it is a high natural fiber blend with just a bit of something added for stretch or to create a metallic color by adding lurex for example, I may consider it and if it is 100% natural fibers I will definitely consider it). Then I check to see how well the garment has been manufactured. You know those t-shirts that always seem to twist on your body? It is because they were cut incorrectly. The manufacturer wanted to get as much as they could out of the fabric and didn’t care about the direction. Also, if it is a pattern or strips make sure that they took the time to line it up properly. Look for French seams (it is a sign of very good quality). Look at the stitching, it should be straight and in a matching thread color and have a high number of stitches per inch. Make sure that you have ample fabric should you need to lengthen a hem. And there are so many other things I look for. (I educated myself on all of this and just kept learning what quality and craftsmanship meant and at the same time what I would and wouldn’t tolerance in any garment I was considering purchasing. You can totally do it too.) Once I’ve ticked those boxes then and only then do I consider the other elements like color, style, price and will it work with at least a few pieces in my existing wardrobe. HTH

If you want more recommendations for any other quality basic pieces please feel free to DM me.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your detailed replies, I will look into those items and the things you mentioned about quality. I am slowly already doing what you said, educating myself about what goes into my closet. I purchased a cashmere sweater and returned it because it looked great but didn’t feel good quality (also with 2 under 2 I need practical clothes)

I will update you!

Reactions: tbbbjb
Thank you all for your detailed replies, I will look into those items and the things you mentioned about quality. I am slowly already doing what you said, educating myself about what goes into my closet. I purchased a cashmere sweater and returned it because it looked great but didn’t feel good quality (also with 2 under 2 I need practical clothes)

I will update you!

Please do! I love how this is a worldwide community and am therefore introduced to brands that are wonderful but not readily available in the US.

I totally hear you about practical clothing (with young children machine wash is definitely preferred, just hang dry instead of using the dryer for longevity), but you shouldn’t have to sacrifice style for comfort or quality. All 3 are possible, it just takes patience and not allowing oneself to settle. This is were my “immediate go back on the rack” rule has helped me. I have now trained myself to be disgusted whenever I see polyester, acrylic and the like. I know that several very wonderful people on TPF do like synthetic fibers and they may be for you as well, just do not compromise for shotty craftsmanship or meh style or color. You want each and every piece you add to your wardrobe to spark joy because if bought correctly you will have them for a very long time. Good luck on your journey!

P.S.: Have you considered Brora for cashmere? It is on the pricey side but I LOVE it!

Last edited:
Reactions: BagsAndCarbs