What does "mou" mean exactly???

kim_mac

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
i'm interested in a clemence retourne kelly, and the seller's receipt says "Mou"...

What does "mou" mean exactly? Is this the foldable type? Does it just mean soft (like clemence is sometimes known to be?) Would appreciate any expert advice on this.

Thanks!

Mou bags are mou because of two things...

Extra outside stitching like you would see in a Kelly Sellier but....

the bags are missing the interior "stiffening" leather that helps give a bag rigidity...

They are usually Clemence...

and yes...they are considered foldable...

Quinn's mom wins the prize! Yup!

Make sure your seller isn't confusing Mou with Souple. For the Kelly to me a true "mou" it must also have the outside stitching. If it has inside stitching, it's a Souple and would NOT be foldable.

Quinn's mom wins the prize! Yup!

Make sure your seller isn't confusing Mou with Souple. For the Kelly to me a true "mou" it must also have the outside stitching. If it has inside stitching, it's a Souple and would NOT be foldable.

Is that right? I thought it was based on the way the bag was constructed using a specific leather. For example, My gulliver kelly is considered mou even though the stitching is inside... Please confirm...:confused1: It is really floppy and almost foldable...

Pls see photo attached. Photo was taken when bag was it was just newly purchased.

Attachments

• kelly 35 gull 4 tpf.jpg
    kelly 35 gull 4 tpf.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 311
Is that right? I thought it was based on the way the bag was constructed using a specific leather. For example, My gulliver kelly is considered mou even though the stitching is inside... Please confirm...:confused1: It is really floppy and almost foldable...

Pls see photo attached. Photo was taken when bag was it was just newly purchased.

They seem to change terms frequently. Rigide/Sellier, Retourne/Souple, Mou/Sellier Mou! hehe
Based on the receipt for the one Kim is looking at, they are calling retourne Kellys in soft leather Mou and the foldable ones in soft leather Sellier Mou.
In the Bolide, Mou will mean soft leather and construction. For example, you can have a Mou togo Bolide and a Togo rigide Bolide. The rigide has that extra piece of leather that keeps it stiff.

Reactions: greeneyedcat
They seem to change terms frequently. Rigide/Sellier, Retourne/Souple, Mou/Sellier Mou! hehe
Based on the receipt for the one Kim is looking at, they are calling retourne Kellys in soft leather Mou and the foldable ones in soft leather Sellier Mou.
In the Bolide, Mou will mean soft leather and construction. For example, you can have a Mou togo Bolide and a Togo rigide Bolide. The rigide has that extra piece of leather that keeps it stiff.

I agree with Greentea - all the info she gave you is 100% accurate, but because H seems to be playing fast and loose with the terminology lately, it's hard to keep up.

Also Mou seems to mean different things with regard to Kellys and Bolides, so you can't always count on a Mou piece being foldable. And the Sellier Mou Kellys aren't slouchy at all - they're stiff as boards with no slouch, yet still foldable.

I have a lovely mou sellier kelly in chevre! It's beautiful but I would never fold it lol!! I can post a pic at home later....or there is one somewhere of it being carried by me....