Borough Bag Clubhouse!!

I had ignored Coach for a solid few years from 2009-2013 when I purchased the Oxblood Borough full price at the Coach store in Merrick Park.
Love that bag and it’s still brand new.
Always wanted the soft Borough so recently got the Earth Nappa (I think it’s the large size) it feels bigger than my pebbled original though I haven’t compared them Yet. I haven’t pulled out my Oxblood since Xmas 2016 (pic included, so perfect after over 4 years now! )
My question is: my Earth NAppa soft Borough has freckles all over the bag even though it’s comoletely new with absolutely no signs of use. The freckles are so even it looks like it was done on purpose as part of the design and frankly the bag is so gorgeous I don’t mind. But how many would return if their Earth got freckles? My husband also said you can’t see the freckles until you’re literally less than 6 inches from the bag. Lol either way they really don’t bother me. They did at first because the seller didn’t mention them and later said she felt she didn’t have to since everyone knows EARTH Nappa gets freckles. Well I didn’t. I do now and love the bag regardless. Just want to know if it’s true that ALL EARTH NAPPA bags get freckles.

Sorry, just saw your post; I have the large earth borough soft, and mine has freckles as well. I believe it's common for the leather in that color, for some unbeknownst reason. Gorgeous bag!

Wow! That's great! I'll have to see if they would do that for me even though I bought it second hand.

I know this was from a long time ago, but were you (or anyone else, for that matter) able to have ALL the hardware replaced on your alpine moss? I'm watching one on ebay but the metal has that pitting and it looks like all the hardware, not just the zipper pulls. Just wondering if I buy it will Coach replace the hardware? I really want this color. Since this seems like an issue with color, I'm wondering should I just buy it anyway.

Any advice???

NOT MY PIC:
s-l1600.jpg

I've posted this question in the Rehab and Rescue Club but I am also posting it here, in case anyone has a solution.

I have a question about corner wear. This weekend I pulled out my Honey-colored Borough 32295 because I've decided to use it as a laptop/business bag - it's gorgeous but it's huge!

I brushed the suede, cleaned and conditioned the smooth leather, then treated it with 2 applications of Apple Rain Garde for protection.

Like some Borough bags, it was showing some signs of corner wear, but a little Blackrock's took care of that and now it looks great again. My question is, has anyone figured out a method of preventing or reducing corner wear - to keep it from happening in the first place? Thanks!

BoroughHoneySuede_1.jpg

I know this was from a long time ago, but were you (or anyone else, for that matter) able to have ALL the hardware replaced on your alpine moss? I'm watching one on ebay but the metal has that pitting and it looks like all the hardware, not just the zipper pulls. Just wondering if I buy it will Coach replace the hardware? I really want this color. Since this seems like an issue with color, I'm wondering should I just buy it anyway.

Any advice???

NOT MY PIC:
View attachment 4032252
several years ago, I bought a bag from Macys coach and after about 2 years of irregular use, started getting some unusual wear....I took it to coach boutique (not at Macys) they told me that they would replace it if they could locate it, and to give them 8 weeks......I kid you not, 8 weeks later, I got a credit for coach in the mail for the full price of the bag plus tax cause they couldn't locate it......was SHOCKED. though I'm not a big coach fan, prefer, LV, Balenciana and Mulberry, the borough remains my favorite style of coach (shocking now 5 years old this year) followed by the Saffiano City tote, both released in 2013. (time flies).........they stand by all their boutique items for a lifetime, I learned through experience (not made for outlet items) and have much respect for the brand.

I've posted this question in the Rehab and Rescue Club but I am also posting it here, in case anyone has a solution.

I have a question about corner wear. This weekend I pulled out my Honey-colored Borough 32295 because I've decided to use it as a laptop/business bag - it's gorgeous but it's huge!

I brushed the suede, cleaned and conditioned the smooth leather, then treated it with 2 applications of Apple Rain Garde for protection.

Like some Borough bags, it was showing some signs of corner wear, but a little Blackrock's took care of that and now it looks great again. My question is, has anyone figured out a method of preventing or reducing corner wear - to keep it from happening in the first place? Thanks!

View attachment 4068043
I think it's just the nature of the bag with the pointy corners. I had one and believe it had slight corner wear when I got it brand new

Reactions: katev
How many sizes are there in this bag? I'm looking through ebay and there are a lot labeled large with measurements 13.75" x 9" - but I swear I saw a post saying thats the medium, not large. Can anyone clarify? Is there even a 'large'?

How many sizes are there in this bag? I'm looking through ebay and there are a lot labeled large with measurements 13.75" x 9" - but I swear I saw a post saying thats the medium, not large. Can anyone clarify? Is there even a 'large'?

Check this post from the blog; I think just the first picture speaks volumes lol

https://www.purseblog.com/coach/check-coachs-spring-2014-lookbook-complete-new-borough-bag-sizes/

Of these, the most common were the medium, large, and there were also a mini and an X-large.

Reactions: dgphoto and Stephg
several years ago, I bought a bag from Macys coach and after about 2 years of irregular use, started getting some unusual wear....I took it to coach boutique (not at Macys) they told me that they would replace it if they could locate it, and to give them 8 weeks......I kid you not, 8 weeks later, I got a credit for coach in the mail for the full price of the bag plus tax cause they couldn't locate it......was SHOCKED. though I'm not a big coach fan, prefer, LV, Balenciana and Mulberry, the borough remains my favorite style of coach (shocking now 5 years old this year) followed by the Saffiano City tote, both released in 2013. (time flies).........they stand by all their boutique items for a lifetime, I learned through experience (not made for outlet items) and have much respect for the brand.
This may not be the case currently. Coach used to have a “lifetime” warranty, which has recently changed to a one year warranty. Now they may still repair your bag for a small fee if it is after one year.

Any advice???

NOT MY PIC:
View attachment 4032252
Did you ever hear back on this question? I'm eyeing a moss green borough myself and has the pitted zipper pulls. I think the bag is in good condition but photos always hard to tell. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need it but I had ordered this bag several years ago from the online outlet and it was beautiful! I wound up returning it because it made me feel like it was most useful as a briefcase/work bag and I just didn't want that kind of job any more. I still don't want that job and try not to dress for it any more....but the bag is still gorgeous!