Think Mink

View attachment 3457988
And this is my present to me! DH doesn't like the shorter length, but I kind of like it better, although the color of the other one is prettier
This is mink male blackglama, sheared.
Love the shorter length and you can wear it more I think. I am suffering from fur envy when I look at this thread because it is barely cold enough here for a couple of weeks in the winter for me to wear my mink coat. I don't think I wore it at all last year.

View attachment 3457988
And this is my present to me! DH doesn't like the shorter length, but I kind of like it better, although the color of the other one is prettier

I like the length. It's sporty and can be worn daily in right temperature. I have several different length coats but I find for the everyday winter, I tend to grab the shorter ones. Beautiful on you!

Happy birthday ari!

Sweet gift from DH, wear your new fur in good health.

Think you will get a lot of hard wear out of this piece.
purplepoodles, thank you!
Love the shorter length and you can wear it more I think. I am suffering from fur envy when I look at this thread because it is barely cold enough here for a couple of weeks in the winter for me to wear my mink coat. I don't think I wore it at all last year.
Thank you gracekelly! I'd rather be in a warm place!
both lovely ari, a very happy and warm birthday
Thank you papertiger!
I like the length. It's sporty and can be worn daily in right temperature. I have several different length coats but I find for the everyday winter, I tend to grab the shorter ones. Beautiful on you!
Thank you snibor! I hope I use it, it can be dress up and down.
Yummy! Sheared mink always reminds of the lovely velvety feel of my poodles after a trip to the grooms. Such a luxurious velvety texture.

Thank you purplepoodles, this is funny ! It is velvety!

Reactions: papertiger
My DH's BD present View attachment 3457942
Male silver blue long hair.
I kind of like better the smaller horizontal pieces.
Happy Birthday and ....Wow! I do like the length of this coat, is suits you perfectly.
View attachment 3457988
Yes the fur does seem nicer on this one. Blackglama is very high end mink.

Happy Birthday and ....Wow! I do like the length of this coat, is suits you perfectly.

Yes the fur does seem nicer on this one. Blackglama is very high end mink.

Thank you Flip! I was in my pijama [emoji17] but hope I'll have time to try them with appropriate clothes soon, sure they'll look much better.

Beautiful, I have not heard of 'silver blue' before. It really is stunning.
View attachment 3457988
Blackglama .... love this!!! Hope you get a lot of wear out of it. It deserves that.
Yummy! Sheared mink always reminds of the lovely velvety feel of my poodles after a trip to the grooms. Such a luxurious velvety texture.
Yes! Like velvet, sheared mink is also less 'obviously a fur'. I must admit though I like my furs to look like fur. I have just bought a rabbit coat which has the suede on the outside and the fur on the inside but you can definitely tell it's fur around the edges.

Ari this is a lively present to receive. I really like it and belated 'Happy Birthday' [emoji483]
View attachment 3457988
Again it's gorgeous of course and versatile. It looks top quality.
The downside of warm weather I suppose. Hope it cools down for you [emoji38]

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg @papertiger and other mink-experts - what do you think of this Valentino mink jacket? It's most likely a couple of seasons old, unlined, faced with goat leather (?) and dyed mink, of Finnish origin. I was looking for a casual, short jacket but have never seen one without a satin lining. You can see the natural lining on the collar.

Any thoughts on what would be a reasonable price for it? And what should I look for regarding condition and quality?

It's still pretty hot here so it felt so strange trying it on.

Thanks in advance.

The ones in the last 2 photos really look like mink and I like that. The first photo has more modern colours but I sometimes that modern colours disguise the fact it's mink.

I do like the grey mink. If you already have the traditional color, it's a very pretty neutral.

View attachment 3445456

Winter is Coming editorial- Lou Schoof for Harper’s Bazaar US September 2

(Also posted in celebrities in fur).

Love this picture! I was with my mother when she saw it and it made her feel so good - the coat of hers that I did not have altered looks exactly like this color, black cross mink. We are going to have it fixed and altered a bit for her as she has moved in. She was worried that the fur might look a bit dated, so it was a relief to see this in Bazaar!

View attachment 3457988

Love both of these! The first one is so pretty and feminine, but I think you'll find that you will wear the shorter one more.