Ode to the Lindy

I jave travelled with b35s, evelynes, constance...and by far my favorite travel companion is my beloved lindy 30!! It may be a bit "big" but its great i stuff hand sanitizer, small umbrella (i travel with kids), extra small sweater. And ive had no problems going straight to dinners here in london with it...
d1bcbef90ac0eeb5eb67076545e63d04.jpg

Lovely and chic colour of your Lindy and cute charm! "Inspired" by your sharing, I'll bring my little Lindy 26 for a casual business short trip ! [emoji4]

Looking to buy a Lindy 26... what would be the best leather? Weight and durability are key for me as I have constant shoulder pain. I know clemence is common for Lindy but is it much heavier than swift or evergrain? I haven't been able to do a comparison myself. MTIA! :smile:

Looking to buy a Lindy 26... what would be the best leather? Weight and durability are key for me as I have constant shoulder pain. I know clemence is common for Lindy but is it much heavier than swift or evergrain? I haven't been able to do a comparison myself. MTIA! :smile:

Lindy I believe is designed to be a slouchy/ floppy bag. I have Lindys in 30 and 26 in swift, Clemence , evercolor and ostrich. Swift and ostrich are probably the lightest but at size 26, I don't think you will feel a huge difference. Swift will probably be the most scratch sensitive. And leather choices are again very subjective. But personally, I love my swift lindys most. Love the slouchiness too! Mope this helps.

Lindy I believe is designed to be a slouchy/ floppy bag. I have Lindys in 30 and 26 in swift, Clemence , evercolor and ostrich. Swift and ostrich are probably the lightest but at size 26, I don't think you will feel a huge difference. Swift will probably be the most scratch sensitive. And leather choices are again very subjective. But personally, I love my swift lindys most. Love the slouchiness too! Mope this helps.

Thank you so much. That helps tremendously. So jelly u got so many lindys! I have thought about getting an orange ostrich (subject to availability of course) but not sure if it's too much to be carried around compared to swift. Speaking of which, are the scratches or wear and tear on swift noticeable? Thanks.

Lindy in Clemence is relatively light, at least to me and it's a good workhorse bag which don't need to baby your bag so much. I find that swift can scratch easily. If it's the only Lindy you will have, buy something that you really like[emoji1]

Thank you so much. That helps tremendously. So jelly u got so many lindys! I have thought about getting an orange ostrich (subject to availability of course) but not sure if it's too much to be carried around compared to swift. Speaking of which, are the scratches or wear and tear on swift noticeable? Thanks.

They are noticeable. The corners of the lindys are where I get wear and tear usually. Suggest you start with normal leather for your first lindy to see how you like it. My favorite size is the 30 as I find the 26 a tad too small for all the rubbish I put into my bag.

Hi ladies, I've been seriously thinking about Lindy 30 as my first Hermes bag! Please educate me as I'm a complete newbie!

- which leather is the most durable in terms of scratches and all?
- is it difficult to buy one in store? I've seen the more classic color choices on their website but wonder if I can score a red one in store.

- Any pros and cons in terms of functionality? Do you feel like searching thru a black hole when getting things out? Easy access?

- I don't see a lot of action pics here, would love to see how the Lindy 30 looks on a petite frame (I'm only 5'1").

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I picked up my red (rouge casaque) Lindy 26 in Los Angeles earlier this summer and would recommend that size for someone your height (I'm 5'5") unless you carry a lot of stuff on a daily basis. The 26 holds my wallet, phone, keys, lipstick, sunglasses, credit card case, etc. I find that it is very easy to get in and out of (you don't need to lock the turnlock) and even when it's zipped I can reach in for something. I didn't explore the 30 since I knew this was the size I wanted, though. Mine is clemence, which is very durable and doesn't show scratches because it's a grained leather. I imagine the smoother leathers are the most likely to scratch, but even if they were available I'd personally go with clemence because it suits the casual nature of the bag.

Don't know how much inventory the stores carry; I was actually thinking about getting a second Bolide when I spied the Lindy. I had thought the shape and handles would be a little weird but it turns out to be a really great bag and totally user friendly.

This is only my 3rd H bag so I'm a newbie too, at least as far as the bags are concerned. Enjoy the hunt; it is great fun!!

Reactions: Miglia