Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Hi dear garden friends! I'm about to start my major weeding ( ugh I can feel the soreness & my broken back already!) & I took these pics before I start. I love oakleaf hydrangeas & this one is just coming into bloom ( a cute catbird was singing to me as he perched in the J maple tree behind it. Also my fave color phlox are starting to bloom too [emoji4]IMG_1469276057.066932.jpgIMG_1469276081.217156.jpg

Hi dear garden friends! I'm about to start my major weeding ( ugh I can feel the soreness & my broken back already!) & I took these pics before I start. I love oakleaf hydrangeas & this one is just coming into bloom ( a cute catbird was singing to me as he perched in the J maple tree behind it. Also my fave color phlox are starting to bloom too [emoji4]View attachment 3418000View attachment 3418001

Love your hydrangea
Mine are a bit down after a big thunderstorm!
This thread is beautiful and better for my wallet than others!!!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469283896.644697.jpg

Hi dear garden friends! I'm about to start my major weeding ( ugh I can feel the soreness & my broken back already!) & I took these pics before I start. I love oakleaf hydrangeas & this one is just coming into bloom ( a cute catbird was singing to me as he perched in the J maple tree behind it. Also my fave color phlox are starting to bloom too [emoji4]View attachment 3418000View attachment 3418001
Beautiful flowers and photos, Kendie! I feel like I am transported to your garden. [emoji263]
Love your hydrangea
This thread is beautiful and better for my wallet than others!!!View attachment 3418094
Gorgeous hydrangeas, Pourquoipas! I agree that this thread is much better for the wallet! [emoji3]

Reactions: Pourquoipas
Hi dear garden friends! I'm about to start my major weeding ( ugh I can feel the soreness & my broken back already!) & I took these pics before I start. I love oakleaf hydrangeas & this one is just coming into bloom ( a cute catbird was singing to me as he perched in the J maple tree behind it. Also my fave color phlox are starting to bloom too [emoji4]

I'm so jealous of your gorgeous perennials! Do you live in zone 6 or 7? Or possibly 5 or 8? The best growing zones. It sounds funny, but I'd love to be there just to help you weed.

Beautiful flowers and photos, Kendie! I feel like I am transported to your garden. [emoji263]

Gorgeous hydrangeas, Pourquoipas! I agree that this thread is much better for the wallet! [emoji3]
I'm so jealous of your gorgeous perennials! Do you live in zone 6 or 7? Or possibly 5 or 8? The best growing zones. It sounds funny, but I'd love to be there just to help you weed.
Biggest, kind thanks to you both...what amazing, sweet folks on this thread!
Mimmy :smile:~ I wish you were transported here to help me weed! (tehehe)
frick&frack :biggrin:~ we are zone 6 ( we are about an hour+ north of city Philadelphia, PA....up in Bucks county) Dang girl I sure do wish you could be here to help me weed! You have an open invitation any time! Even though I usually get sore, I do find it relaxing ....kind of zen like. Although today was an experience because the entire time I was out there the catbirds were squalking at me like crazy. I didn't realize that I was close to their nest. Well they sure did let me have it when I got very close. They literally starting flying at me & I had to duck & run!!!! They clearly were mad at me so I had to get out of their space. I appreciate the fact that they were so protective of their turf!!:nuts:

Super excited I finally got a pic of the elusive black/blue butterfly!! I was able to tip-toe quietly up to him & get these but he flew away quickly. It's not as good of s pic as my previous yellow monarch butterfly with her wings spread open but I'll take it with this guy! View attachment 3418991View attachment 3418986View attachment 3418988
Lovely garden.:loveeyes:
Believe both butterflies are types of swallowtail.
Very similar to your black/blue lays eggs on my dill every year. Once caterpillars eat all, move to parsley.
Herb chomping machines.:biggrin:

Kendie, I'm jealous of your coneflowers, because ours are subject to something--maybe Japanese beetles. They stay undamaged for a very short window. Also, may I ask what camera are you using to take these beautiful pics?

Pourquoipas, your hydrangeas are inspiring. I should think about growing them. Enjoying seeing these white bushes, need some of that for our gardens.

Oh. Very pretty. Our phlox is in bloom, too. [emoji4]

Love your hydrangea
This thread is beautiful and better for my wallet than others!!!View attachment 3418094

Wow. This is definitely hydrangea overload. Just gorgeous!! [emoji7]