Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Lovely garden.:loveeyes:
Believe both butterflies are types of swallowtail.
Very similar to your black/blue lays eggs on my dill every year. Once caterpillars eat all, move to parsley.
Herb chomping machines.:biggrin:
Ahh, beautiful, Kendie! Love the butterflies. I think I'll take a rain check on the weeding though. [emoji23]

Kendie, I'm jealous of your coneflowers, because ours are subject to something--maybe Japanese beetles. They stay undamaged for a very short window. Also, may I ask what camera are you using to take these beautiful pics?

Pourquoipas, your hydrangeas are inspiring. I should think about growing them. Enjoying seeing these white bushes, need some of that for our gardens.

Oh. Very pretty. Our phlox is in bloom, too. [emoji4]

Wow. This is definitely hydrangea overload. Just gorgeous!! [emoji7]
THANK YOU ALL DEAREST GARDEN FRIENDS!
Remainsilly~thanks for the info/lesson! I need to read more about them because I'm fascinated. My husband thinks I'm a total lunatic trying to get pics of them but I can't help it! They are just amazing little flying creatures :biggrin:
Mimmy~ Ok, I'm happy to take you up on a raincheck....maybe you'll join me in a few weeks for more weeding (haha):flowers:
Jellyv ~ I also have some holes in our purple coneflowers :confused1:so something is eating them here too but at least the flowers hold up & last a nice long time. I'm using my iPhone 6plus to take pics!:cool:
Ludmilla ~ look forward to seeing more of your garden! I love phlox!:smile:

Your beautiful butterfly photos inspired my to take a picture of a little garden guest, too.

View attachment 3419318

And here is our phlox

View attachment 3419320
I literally just replied to you & BAM, there you are posting these most magnificent pics.... OMG the colors & clarity in these pics is absolutely beautiful!! I love:heart::heart::heart: your phlox color!! I'd trade you with mine if I could....like yours better!:flowers:

frick&frack :biggrin:~ we are zone 6 ( we are about an hour+ north of city Philadelphia, PA....up in Bucks county) Dang girl I sure do wish you could be here to help me weed! You have an open invitation any time! Even though I usually get sore, I do find it relaxing ....kind of zen like. Although today was an experience because the entire time I was out there the catbirds were squalking at me like crazy. I didn't realize that I was close to their nest. Well they sure did let me have it when I got very close. They literally starting flying at me & I had to duck & run!!!! They clearly were mad at me so I had to get out of their space. I appreciate the fact that they were so protective of their turf!!:nuts:
^I know what you mean about the zen. There's no peace like getting your hands in the earth. I envy your growing zone; you can have the best perennials in your garden. I have a ton of weeding to do too, but it's way too hot for me to be out there. I pull the big ones, & wait for September to get my garden back in shape.

So funny about the birds. The mocking birds are like that down here. I saw one chasing a cat the other day [emoji23]

Super excited I finally got a pic of the elusive black/blue butterfly!! I was able to tip-toe quietly up to him & get these but he flew away quickly. It's not as good of s pic as my previous yellow monarch butterfly with her wings spread open but I'll take it with this guy!
^what a beauty! The blue stripe glows. They sure do love your echinacea.

Your beautiful butterfly photos inspired my to take a picture of a little garden guest, too.
And here is our phlox
^your bumble bee is so furry & cute! Your phlox is fantastic! I love that it's such a showy classic garden flower.

I literally just replied to you & BAM, there you are posting these most magnificent pics.... OMG the colors & clarity in these pics is absolutely beautiful!! I love:heart::heart::heart: your phlox color!! I'd trade you with mine if I could....like yours better!:flowers:

Haha. I would send you a plant if I could. I love it very much, too. [emoji4] the pic is just another iPhone pic. [emoji85]

Beautiful flowers and photos, Ludmilla! The bee looks so cute!

Thank you. The bumble bees are invading our lavender at the moment. [emoji4]

Such great detail of the bee!

Thank you. [emoji4] Just a lucky shot.

^I know what you mean about the zen. There's no peace like getting your hands in the earth. I envy your growing zone; you can have the best perennials in your garden. I have a ton of weeding to do too, but it's way too hot for me to be out there. I pull the big ones, & wait for September to get my garden back in shape.

So funny about the birds. The mocking birds are like that down here. I saw one chasing a cat the other day [emoji23]

^your bumble bee is so furry & cute! Your phlox is fantastic! I love that it's such a showy classic garden flower.

Thank you. [emoji4] Phlox is great. Looks awesome and you do not baby it. [emoji3]
The bumble bee was very concentrated on our lavender. So, I got her on a pic.

Ha that cracks me up about the mockingbird chasing a cat!!! We have 3 indoor only cats who love to sit in windows & bird watch but smart birds seem to know this & they are not afraid when they see our cats pawing at them on the window!
Your zone season is lovely as well frick&frack! I know there are LOTS of beautiful plants that we can't grow nearly as well up here. :flowers:

Ha that cracks me up about the mockingbird chasing a cat!!! We have 3 indoor only cats who love to sit in windows & bird watch but smart birds seem to know this & they are not afraid when they see our cats pawing at them on the window!
Your zone season is lovely as well frick&frack! I know there are LOTS of beautiful plants that we can't grow nearly as well up here. :flowers:
^mocking birds are fierce. A few years back I was reading a book in my garden with my dog sleeping next to me. A small pebble flew at me from out of nowhere. I was near the mocking birds' favorite berry bush in my garden. I looked up & saw a bird on the fence. I swear it threw a rock at me [emoji23]

Uhhhhhhhhhgggg...I'm not a fan of zone 10 gardening. Zones 6&7 are my favorite. I miss my gardens from those zones.

Just 1 more flying creature I got excited about! A Dragonfly... Hope it shows up ok in pic[emoji4]
^what a cutie! My dragon flies are much smaller.

^mocking birds are fierce. A few years back I was reading a book in my garden with my dog sleeping next to me. A small pebble flew at me from out of nowhere. I was near the mocking birds' favorite berry bush in my garden. I looked up & saw a bird on the fence. I swear it threw a rock at me [emoji23]

Uhhhhhhhhhgggg...I'm not a fan of zone 10 gardening. Zones 6&7 are my favorite. I miss my gardens from those zones.

^what a cutie! My dragon flies are much smaller.
That is too funny about the mockingbird hauling a stone at you!!! I wouldn't be surprised...I clearly learned how fierce they really are w/ my incident (& here I thought they were so cute & innocent!) But hey, they have to eat & protect their nest (in my case)

I feel your pain. I'm in 9a and it's hardly rained this summer so I'm out every single damn day, often twice or three times a day watering the flowers and potted plants. I'm so sick of watering everything!! My next-door neighbor has tons of potted flowers in her yard and it's like we are slaves to our daily watering routines, I know exactly when I will find her outside every day.

I feel your pain. I'm in 9a and it's hardly rained this summer so I'm out every single damn day, often twice or three times a day watering the flowers and potted plants. I'm so sick of watering everything!! My next-door neighbor has tons of potted flowers in her yard and it's like we are slaves to our daily watering routines, I know exactly when I will find her outside every day.

Yep. It's the third dry year in a row here (which is particularly disconcerting when zone 10 is subtropical). At least it keeps the Hurricanes away. I get a lot of shade, so my garden is doing fine. My potted plants are suffering though. All of my poinsettias that I've kept for 2-4 years are gone. I have a Lab, & they insist on fresh water. I dump the "old" water from his bowls into my pots; that's how I remember to water. I have to admit that sometimes I don't feel like going out in the heat which is why I've lost plants. The decorative grasses are the worst. They need so much water.

I'm lucky with my neighbors. When they put sprinklers around to water their grass, they water most of my garden. I got rid of my grass years ago. I have weeds that are green that I keep cut for my dog to have some "yard."

Although I much prefer zones 6 & 7, I have to admit that gardening in zone 10 is easier. It's more about controlling the growth here rather than getting things to grow.