how to wear your chanel jacket...

I would style Divababe's beige 16c jacket that others of you also have with this scarf, top and skirt to harmonize with her jade bracelet. I love the freshness of the pale green with the beige.

https://shop.mitchellstores.com/products/972394-brunello-cucinelli-scarves
https://shop.mitchellstores.com/products/956692-brunello-cucinelli-knits
https://shop.mitchellstores.com/products/956610-brunello-cucinelli-skirts
Love the skirt! It appeals to the ballerina in my soul. :smile:

Interesting comparison.
Like the tight tweed of the 2013 but the pockets of the Rome jacket and the trim look so good!
The 2013 version is a lot heavier. So more for fall and winter. The 2016 one is much lighter and good for spring, fall and winter.

The pocket placement,, trim and fabric are different enough that you don't feel that you have repeated yourself. That's a good thing!

Yep, I was afraid they are too similar. Also the length is much shorter on the 2016. So relatively casual in comparison.

I agree about the Gatsby vibe and it is a very cool look!

Thanks, the dress is quite free flowing and great for summer!

HermesBB you've got a lovely collection and these 2 jackets are real classics.

Can you please share the code of the 2013 jacket from the label? I'm wondering if it might still be available :flowers: Thank you

Thank u HADASSA. Sure. I will take a pic later.

hermesBB, thank you for your comparison. I have the 2013 jacket and realise I like it because of the placement of the pockets! I use it quite a bit when it is cooler.

IMG_20160721_180144.jpg
Just a general question out to tPfers. Has anyone looked at the pre-fall collection yet? I saw this fantasy tweed (couldn't try it on as they only had one size and too small) and wondered if anyone had tried it on. It's a lot more sparkly than i'm used to!

hermesBB, thank you for your comparison. I have the 2013 jacket and realise I like it because of the placement of the pockets! I use it quite a bit when it is cooler.

View attachment 3416781
Just a general question out to tPfers. Has anyone looked at the pre-fall collection yet? I saw this fantasy tweed (couldn't try it on as they only had one size and too small) and wondered if anyone had tried it on. It's a lot more sparkly than i'm used to!
I saw something navy today, but i don't recall the sparkles in the fabric.

View attachment 3416781
I have something similar, with a little bit of blue sparkle. But mine is very heavy tweed and only wear it winter, like a coat. Mine is also too hot to wear indoors, something that I did not consider when I bought it. Which is the light one you have that you keep reaching for?

Last edited:
View attachment 3417328

When you can't make up your mind about what style black jacket you want, you buy all three. [emoji28]

The long zippered version, the traditional button version, and the v-neck zipper version.

Lovely halliehallie - where is the short zippered version available? Can you please provide the style code for this version? Would suit me fine since I am short.

Is the material the same across all 3 jackets?
That's the way to go girl! Is the 2016 V neck version even shorter in terms of length than the 2016 button-up one?

HermesBB no luck with the 2013 version :sad:

Last edited: