Fragrances?

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
My mother in law received a bday gift from a church member.....Hermes: UN JARDIN SUR LE NIL. It's a fragrance. It smells nice, very light. I'm interested in purchasing one for myself. However, I was wondering if there's one that's light and girlie. I'm going to Charlotte, NC on sunday and I know for a fact there's a Hermes store. One thing I hate is fragrance shopping. It gives me a headache. I don't want to sniff all the Hermes frangrances just to pick one. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any. Nothing too heavy please. I like floral scents. My current top fragrances are: D&G Light blue, Victoria's Secret Pink, Gap Dream and Dior Addict 2

TIA

Rose Ikebana is my favorite. It's part of a line that is only sold at Hermes boutiques. Light and feminine. So easy to love. Only downside is that the scent seems to fade quickly on me.

Rose Ikebana is my favorite too.. but if you are looking for something that is truly light, try Vetiver Tonka. They are both part of the Hermessence range :P

Stick to the Hermessence ranges. Hermes haven't done heavily floral fragrances ( but some nice citrus ones) and I suppose Jardin de Nil is the closest they have. I always used to find Amazone gave me a headache and I've been told on very good authority it is the smell of greengages that did it!
Rise Ikebana would be lovely.

Ask for the samples before you commit to the purchase. The Hermessence samples are generous. I loved the smell of Vetiver Tonka in the bottle but, honest to goodness, it smelled like paint when I put it on my skin.

If you like a couple of the fragrances, instead of buying the large sprayers you can customize a travel set with 4 individual purse sprays. The SA told me the scents are made to be worn alone or mixed. I went with the purse sprays and it's like I have a new scent every day of the week.

Rose Ikebana? Anyone else? Avoid Poivre Samarcande and Ambre Narguile. They're both very heavy and musky, and, of course, I like them.

LOL!! Yes, I like them too. I have a half a squirt of each on today. They are very strong indeed.

BTW, I love Rose Ikebana and Vertiver Tonka as well. Just bought the 4 purse sprays yesterday.

I agree with the others. The 4 purse sprays are a great way to sample several! I went in for Ambre Narguile (was in the O! magazine as one of the best fragrances), and I'm glad that I got the set--I've fallen in love with Rose Ikebana!