Gilt selling fake Balenciaga bag?

Tabo Home

Tabo Home
May 29, 2013
Purchased a Balenicaga Giant 12 Part Time Anthracite with Rose Gold hardware from Gilt.com in 2013. It brought up my attention when I watched you tube "how to spot a fake Balenciaga bags" last week. So I took out my bag to compare and found out my bag is "fake" by spotting on stitches, numbers & letter front. Don't get me wrong, I am professional. so I rather pay to 3rd party authenticator to check and the result is my bag is "FAKE". My heart was broken by seeing this result. I had ever and never think of checking my bag because I trust Gilt since I purchased.
I called them almost every other day to get some result, however they are unable to provide any certification to prove. They have mentioned I should bring it to a certify Baleanciaga authenticator to check but not other non certify authenticator, in fact Balenciaga will only sell their products at their boutique/online store or an authorized retailers and I found out Gilt is NOT Balenciaga's authorized retailer when I called Balenciaga to find out. Meaning no such certify authenticator exist regardless I already checked couples of the authenticator.

Pictures of my Balenciaga bag purchased from Gilt

Attachments

• IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,068
  • IMG_4738.JPG
    IMG_4738.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,971
  • IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4,506
  • IMG_4727.JPG
    IMG_4727.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,043
What, specifically, makes you believe it is fake? There are many "authenticators" out there that will happily take your money but know almost nothing about Balenciaga. Fakes do happen, but if, for example, the video you watched was concerning a city bag or a work bag, the criteria would be different than a part time. Also, the fonts on the back of the tags change from time to time, so if the YouTube video was shot in 09, it will look different than a later bag. Also, gilt tends to carry a mix of unsold past season bags and current season bags, so if you bought your bag in 13 it could still be an '11 or '12 bag. Don't despair. From the few pictures you showed your bag does not look fake. Read the rules for the tpf authentication thread and submit your bag for authentication there. The ladies there know 1000 times what most "authenticators" know!

What, specifically, makes you believe it is fake? There are many "authenticators" out there that will happily take your money but know almost nothing about Balenciaga. Fakes do happen, but if, for example, the video you watched was concerning a city bag or a work bag, the criteria would be different than a part time. Also, the fonts on the back of the tags change from time to time, so if the YouTube video was shot in 09, it will look different than a later bag. Also, gilt tends to carry a mix of unsold past season bags and current season bags, so if you bought your bag in 13 it could still be an '11 or '12 bag. Don't despair. From the few pictures you showed your bag does not look fake. Read the rules for the tpf authentication thread and submit your bag for authentication there. The ladies there know 1000 times what most "authenticators" know!

I second this, your bag does not look fake to me .. but for your peace of mind, have it authenticated here in TPF!!

I second this, your bag does not look fake to me .. but for your peace of mind, have it authenticated here in TPF!!

Tabo Home is having issues uploading her photos. She asked for help and I've PM'd her suggesting that perhaps she should re-size them as she's been getting the same error message I did when I first starting posting. (*Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing). I found if I re-sized my pics to under 2 MB they loaded. If anyone knows what the message actually means and they know a better suggestion please let her know!

I wish I had discovered this site before I purchased a Goyard Saint-Louis PM black bag for $1,485 from Gilt.com last week. It is CLEARLY a fake! In fact, it looks and feels like 1 oz. plastic! Of course, they will not accept the return and claim it is 100% authentic. I didn't care at the time that I would not be able to return it when I bought it because it never would have occurred to me that Gilt.com would sell counterfeit bags. They are a legitimate website (I've bought other items in the past) and selling fake bags is against the law. I have learned from this website that I should have it authenticated and then try to contact Gilt again. Is there anything else I need to know, or should do? This is a LOT of money and I will not settle for a fake bag!!!

I wish I had discovered this site before I purchased a Goyard Saint-Louis PM black bag for $1,485 from Gilt.com last week. It is CLEARLY a fake! In fact, it looks and feels like 1 oz. plastic! Of course, they will not accept the return and claim it is 100% authentic. I didn't care at the time that I would not be able to return it when I bought it because it never would have occurred to me that Gilt.com would sell counterfeit bags. They are a legitimate website (I've bought other items in the past) and selling fake bags is against the law. I have learned from this website that I should have it authenticated and then try to contact Gilt again. Is there anything else I need to know, or should do? This is a LOT of money and I will not settle for a fake bag!!!

First take 5-10 good photos of your bag and and submit for authentication at tpf authentication thread. These ladies and gents know their stuffs. Once they confirmed it is counterfeit then you should contact local appraisers/authenticators usually work for homeowner/rental insurance agencies and paid for their written authentication. You can also try local designer consignment store that sell high-end bags. Typically the owner of these store are expert on high-end bags. We have plenty of these shops in SF Bay-area. Unfortunately designer stores such as LV and chanel will not give you written authentication but you can ask the store manager for their expert opinion.

Just call your credit card company and file dispute to get your money back. Both Amex and Discover are excellent in these internet fraud cases. Let your credit card company fight with GILT for selling you counterfeit merchandise. You will need a written authentication with photos. You can also file case with local small claim court but this process take a long time.

I know how you feel because I paid top value for fake LV Zippy purse for my wife on eBay and TPF member “lovlouisvuitton” confirmed that it is fake. In my case eBay Listing has*TWO Different Wallets, one of which is a*Fake and seller sent fake LV wallet. I contacted them and they agreed to refund my money right away and I would not have to use a paid third party Authentication service such as Carol Diva and My Poupette. eBay and Paypal accept and recognize Carol Diva and My Poupette as credible primary source experts in authentication services. You can try Authenticate4U as well.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much, sfbay55555. This is the first time this has happened to me; the first time I have read this purse forum website (having found it by googling "Gilt.com and fake handbags"); and the first time I am writing on one. The whole experience is daunting. I filed a dispute with AMEX. I then took a dozen photos with a good camera and uploaded them to my computer in order to be ready to send them for authentication. I emailed Authenticate4U, but they were closed and said they have many requests at this time but are working on my request. I cannot believe this still happens after years of people reporting counterfeit sales from Gilt.com. I am not sure why they haven't been shut down when we consumers are reporting them to the authorities. I will keep you posted on my case. Again, many thanks!

Thank you so much, sfbay55555. This is the first time this has happened to me; the first time I have read this purse forum website (having found it by googling "Gilt.com and fake handbags"); and the first time I am writing on one. The whole experience is daunting. I filed a dispute with AMEX. I then took a dozen photos with a good camera and uploaded them to my computer in order to be ready to send them for authentication. I emailed Authenticate4U, but they were closed and said they have many requests at this time but are working on my request. I cannot believe this still happens after years of people reporting counterfeit sales from Gilt.com. I am not sure why they haven't been shut down when we consumers are reporting them to the authorities. I will keep you posted on my case. Again, many thanks!

You are welcome. Both Amex and Discover are great. Credit card company's attorney will files a lawsuit if they needed but let them deal with Gilt for selling counterfeit designer merchandises. Make sure to return the bag using signature delivery confirmation with insurance to cover full purchase price. Yes, let us know what happens. Good luck! :biggrin:

You are welcome. Both Amex and Discover are great. Credit card company's attorney will files a lawsuit if they needed but let them deal with Gilt for selling counterfeit designer merchandises. Make sure to return the bag using signature delivery confirmation with insurance to cover full purchase price. Yes, let us know what happens. Good luck! :biggrin:

I have submitted 12 photos to Authenticate This and I am just waiting to hear back their opinion.

IMO, the stitching on the last picture is totally off as well as the front side printing and fonts of the serial tag. Please, could you post here a pic of the bale?. A front clear one, please.

First take 5-10 good photos of your bag and and submit for authentication at tpf authentication thread. These ladies and gents know their stuffs. Once they confirmed it is counterfeit then you should contact local appraisers/authenticators usually work for homeowner/rental insurance agencies and paid for their written authentication. You can also try local designer consignment store that sell high-end bags. Typically the owner of these store are expert on high-end bags. We have plenty of these shops in SF Bay-area. Unfortunately designer stores such as LV and chanel will not give you written authentication but you can ask the store manager for their expert opinion.

Just call your credit card company and file dispute to get your money back. Both Amex and Discover are excellent in these internet fraud cases. Let your credit card company fight with GILT for selling you counterfeit merchandise. You will need a written authentication with photos. You can also file case with local small claim court but this process take a long time.

I know how you feel because I paid top value for fake LV Zippy purse for my wife on eBay and TPF member “lovlouisvuitton” confirmed that it is fake. In my case eBay Listing has*TWO Different Wallets, one of which is a*Fake and seller sent fake LV wallet. I contacted them and they agreed to refund my money right away and I would not have to use a paid third party Authentication service such as Carol Diva and My Poupette. eBay and Paypal accept and recognize Carol Diva and My Poupette as credible primary source experts in authentication services. You can try Authenticate4U as well.

Good Luck.
To sfbay55555 -

Thank you for your guidance. My photobucket photos of my Goyard Saint Louis PM black bag (which I purchased from Gilt.com) have been posted to the Authenticate This thread for some time now and I still have not yet heard anything definitive back. There appears to be one reply but I cannot tell if it is regarding MY post or not. It is from aalinne (post #13 on Feb 29, 2016 at 7:40 am). She is requesting a photo of the "bale," but, again, I do not know if the request pertains to my post/my bag. I am still waiting to hear from AMEX regarding my dispute --- but wouldn't AMEX need some sort of authentication from me? I really don't know what to do next. Please help!!

To sfbay55555 -

Thank you for your guidance. My photobucket photos of my Goyard Saint Louis PM black bag (which I purchased from Gilt.com) have been posted to the Authenticate This thread for some time now and I still have not yet heard anything definitive back. There appears to be one reply but I cannot tell if it is regarding MY post or not. It is from aalinne (post #13 on Feb 29, 2016 at 7:40 am). She is requesting a photo of the "bale," but, again, I do not know if the request pertains to my post/my bag. I am still waiting to hear from AMEX regarding my dispute --- but wouldn't AMEX need some sort of authentication from me? I really don't know what to do next. Please help!!

I saw your posting #2422 FEB 27, 2016, 2:36PM. You have to take these specific photos and update your post again. You can look at the sample photos from "denisee" here #2420

AUTHENTICATE THIS GOYARD - READ POST 1 FIRST

Front
Back
Side
Bottom
Zipper
Heatstamp (Goyard Made in France)
Date Code
Zipper Pulls
Snaps (front and back)

Good Luck!