The Trench Coat - General Discussion, Pics

loveydovey35

Jul 18, 2015
After years of wanting it, I recently purchased a Burberry trench coat. I only wear it when it rains. I wanted to ask if others on this forum have a trench coat, how they style it, do you wear it when it's cold, is it an afterthought piece, or part of the overall look?

My goal with this threat is to start a general discussion on the trench coat, its use, style, etc. Post your modeling pictures so we can get ideas.

Here is a picture of mine. I love the color and the style, hoping to wear more often.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 1,224
Reactions: msloulou
I :love::love: trench coats and have several. I am particularly fond of the fitted (almost dress like) styles.

In first pic, I am wearing a Coach trench which is one of my staples. I also had on LV shades and scarf, a plain white long sleeve JCrew perfect fit tee, black JCrew pixie pants (the originals) with black Tieks.

In the second picture I am wearing a fitted black Mackage trench with leather details (purchased in Europe). Underneath I had on a navy and white Isabella Oliver (now known as Baukjen) dress-- hence the navy YSL Muse. I added the Henna JCrew Viv pumps for a pop of color.

In the third and final pic, I am wearing the Icon trench by JCrew. Underneath I was wearing a plain black DVF wrap dress. You cannot see my feet but I had on black CL new simples with wood heels.

Attachments

• coach.jpg
    coach.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • mackage.jpg
    mackage.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,827
Congratulations! I got a Burberry trench a couple of years ago after wanting one forever. I live in London so I wear it pretty much every day through Autumn, as it rains/ there is a chance of rain every day. In winter I put it away but it comes back out in spring and again gets worn every day until it's too hot.

I got the longer classic prorsum in stone, and it goes with absolutely everything - smarter work outfits and my version of casual (skinny jeans and ankle boots/ ballerinas).

It's a great investment piece and it just makes every outfit look a little more pulled together. I may post some photos if I can find any :smile:

Reactions: celine666666
i have a burb that i purchased a few years ago... i also purchased their cashmere liner, so i can wear the trench alone or with the liner for cooler weather. i wear it almost every day, rain or shine, with or without the liner depending on the weather. but i live someplace where the weather is pretty temperate, so it's a perfect temperate weather staple. worth every single penny!

Love this thread because I've been thinking about investing in a nice trench. I've tried on a few and they all seem to swallow my petite frame. Has anyone had their trench tailored? Is this even possible?

Love this thread because I've been thinking about investing in a nice trench. I've tried on a few and they all seem to swallow my petite frame. Has anyone had their trench tailored? Is this even possible?

I'm also quite petite and I got the trench from the prorsum line which fit MUCH better than the heritage trenches. It didn't need taking in, just taking up from the length and now it fits perfectly. I got a uk 4 but it also comes in a uk 2, so should be perfect for small ladies

Congrats on your trench coat! :yahoo: I rarely splurge on clothes but Burberry is an exception. I have several Burberry trench coats, but my favorite is the Elderberry garbardine trench coat from their Fall 2015 (?) Prosum line. I wear my trench when it's drizzling or windy.

Congrats on your new trench coat! I think they are a must have in any wardrobe! I actually purchased mine out of necessity during a vacation with unseasonably cold Summer weather. It has proven to be one of my best investment pieces. A trench instantly elevates even the most casual look. Typically, I wear mine with slim fitting pants and a cute top or skinny jeans on my non working days. You will surely get plenty of use from yours! Best wishes!

Thank you so much for starting this thread OP and those who contributed. The photos look amazing, you ladies look so classy and chic!!
I live in London and have 2 Burberry trenches, black (second hand) and beige. I love them but only wear them with dresses as I feel it looks better on me that way but hardly ever wear them as I am too cold in spring/autumn with just a trench as a coat and otherwise too hot!! How do you ladies manage? I want to wear them more as I think you look so pulled together and chic but struggle!

I'm also quite petite and I got the trench from the prorsum line which fit MUCH better than the heritage trenches. It didn't need taking in, just taking up from the length and now it fits perfectly. I got a uk 4 but it also comes in a uk 2, so should be perfect for small ladies

Thanks so much for the recommendation [emoji4]

Thanks to everyone who has contributed their pictures, style ideas, and general thoughts to this thread. I love the that rcy uses a cashmere liner when the weather is cold. Def going to start wearing mine with skinny jeans as well as business wear.

I have a Burberry, about ten years old, traditional trench length. When I wear the wool liner, it's very warm. A few years back when I was on holiday, the weather was a very raw mid 30's with heavy winds all day. Even though the weather was miserable, that coat kept me very warm and I did not feel the wind. All the while I was thinking "this coat is great in this bad weather". It was a real test and that coat delivered in full.

Reactions: mal
I have a Burberry black trench, very useful and makes your outfit look put together. I should probably have a modeling pic taken at some point.

Attachments

• btrench1.jpg
    btrench1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 949
  • btrench2.jpg
    btrench2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 933
Reactions: mal
I have plenty. Not pictured here are my 3 other Aquascutumn and leather Jitrois trenches

Burberry (worn without belt) with H land boots, H scarf as a headband and Gucci bag

e5527dae-8da9-4668-9605-292ab043c844_zpsyz49cvzm.jpg

Gucci with Flamingo Party carre

DSC_0720_zps5hoakogw.jpg

and with Gucci Lady Web bag

DSC_0718_zps373ejurv.jpg

Massala Cordings with H scarf, Missoni beanie and Hermes Lady Clutch

FP_zps7ejgwrgo.jpg

or with grey Gucci BTH and another Hermes scarf (I think we are seeing a pattern here he he)

CacduC16_zps46uteptm.jpg

Stone Saint Laurant and guess what? Gucci bag and H scarf

yslmacquint_zps4ff408e2.jpg

Acquascutum with H and H

Jubileescarfcoatwallet.jpg