The Trench Coat - General Discussion, Pics

Thank you for sharing pictures --it's beautiful! You look very Ines de la Fressange.

The pockets look far better on you than they did in the pictures online. And the more I look at them, I can see they'd be pretty practical --I might be less inclined to worry about keys and such falling out of them actually. How easy do you find it to put your hands in them? I don't know if that makes sense. I have a tendency to stick my hands in pockets whether they are cold or not, and wonder if it's more cumbersome to do with these.

Thank you! I would have to say that the pockets are a little unnatural to put your hands in. They leave your hands at kind of a weird angle. I use the the pockets for easy access to keys and my cell when I'm on the go. Hope that answers your question.

Thank you! I would have to say that the pockets are a little unnatural to put your hands in. They leave your hands at kind of a weird angle. I use the the pockets for easy access to keys and my cell when I'm on the go. Hope that answers your question.

And I've never heard of Ines de La Fressange but I looked her up and wow! Her style is to die for! Will definitely be taking inspiration from her. Love the classic look

Reactions: CocoPetite
I have plenty. Not pictured here are my 3 other Aquascutumn and leather Jitrois trenches

Burberry (worn without belt) with H land boots, H scarf as a headband and Gucci bag

Gucci with Flamingo Party carre

and with Gucci Lady Web bag

Massala Cordings with H scarf, Missoni beanie and Hermes Lady Clutch

or with grey Gucci BTH and another Hermes scarf (I think we are seeing a pattern here he he)

Stone Saint Laurant and guess what? Gucci bag and H scarf

Acquascutum with H and H

LOVE all your looks - very chic!

Thank you so much for starting this thread OP and those who contributed. The photos look amazing, you ladies look so classy and chic!!
I live in London and have 2 Burberry trenches, black (second hand) and beige. I love them but only wear them with dresses as I feel it looks better on me that way but hardly ever wear them as I am too cold in spring/autumn with just a trench as a coat and otherwise too hot!! How do you ladies manage? I want to wear them more as I think you look so pulled together and chic but struggle!

I also prefer to wear dresses, and find that adding tights/leggings and/or knee length boots helps a lot to keep warm. If it's especially chilly (but not cold enough for a cashmere or down coat), I'll add a scarf and cardigan to the outfit for extra warmth.

I love my black burberry trench - have had it for many years and expect I will continue to use/love it for many decades to come. I live in a temperate climate, so I get a lot of use out of it.

IView attachment 3285042
I recently bought this trench to see if I'd actually wear it before investing in a more expensive one. When I tried it on I fell in love. The fit is perfect and a very nice weight. I don't wear my trench when it's pouring out because I prefer a jacket with a hood. I love it on those pre-spring warmer days though :smile:

I agree about the pockets! That was one of my hesitations, but I found that they add a modern twist. sorry about the terrible photos (and messy room) - mirror selfies were all that I had time to do [emoji4]View attachment 3288608View attachment 3288610View attachment 3288612

Love this, and perfect on you, very good choice

LOVE all your looks - very chic!

Thank you MrsWashington!

Here in Europe a trench coat is a staple. We wear it all through autumn/ spring until it gets too cold/warm. I have one in classic beige and one in navy (with tone on tone lace detailing). I don't use the belt, as it's more flattering for my figure. I pair it with pashimas and silk scarfs, all quite colorfull. I wear it with skinny jeans, dresses, suits, anything goes! It's my favourite coat, I live in it!

I am looking at this exact thrench in an olive green color online and find it beautiful with the leather details. I am unsure about the size, do you find it runs small? I am usually a Medium in Burberry quilted jackets but top heavy and now I'm unsure if going for the 10 or a 12. Any help would be really appreciated.

IView attachment 3285042
I recently bought this trench to see if I'd actually wear it before investing in a more expensive one. When I tried it on I fell in love. The fit is perfect and a very nice weight. I don't wear my trench when it's pouring out because I prefer a jacket with a hood. I love it on those pre-spring warmer days though :smile:

What is this brand? Apologizes if I missed a post. This coat is lovely.

This is one of my 4 trenches...I was wondering if i didn't have too many...I guess not:biggrin:
polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=95419058

I am looking at this exact thrench in an olive green color online and find it beautiful with the leather details. I am unsure about the size, do you find it runs small? I am usually a Medium in Burberry quilted jackets but top heavy and now I'm unsure if going for the 10 or a 12. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi! I am a size medium and 40 French or 42 IT so I got a UK10 and it's perfect for me. The whole idea would be to be able to change size it it didn't fit . Please let us know what you decide and post a pic too!

Oooo, I love this thread!!

My two Burberry trench coats have to one (they count as one unit :P ) of my favourite things.

I have black and stone and, ooo, I love them.

The black is definitely more sophisticated and the stone more versatile -- at least I find so!

There is literally nothing that I love wearing more than shorts and a trench!!

Attachments

• 62- June copy.JPG
    62- June copy.JPG
    505.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 126- Oct2 copy.jpg
    126- Oct2 copy.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 365
Reactions: Julide
Hi! I am a size medium and 40 French or 42 IT so I got a UK10 and it's perfect for me. The whole idea would be to be able to change size it it didn't fit . Please let us know what you decide and post a pic too!

I'm probably in between the UK10 and UK12, they only had the 12 in store so I've ordered it now and hopefully it will be coming next week. I realy hope it fits good over the shoulders so that an alteration could be easily done for the fit.

Will post pics when it arrives, will prbably need more advice :smile: I am totally new to Burberry trenches and want a perfect fit.