Anyone try ultherapy?

I had it done a couple of years ago by a certified plastic surgeon. While it did make my face lifted some, I'm not sure I'd do it again because it was painful for me, and I don't have the means to dish out another couple of thousand bucks. He did use a numbing cream but certain parts of my face hurt more than others. It felt like needles poking my face, I actually said "OUCH" a few times and I'm not usually a wimp when it come to pain, lol! I don't remember what level he used but he dialed it down a notch or two. When he did around my jawline, I felt it in my teeth. Weird. He told me that most people say the second time around is easier as far as pain goes.

Now I'm considering Restalyne for one under eye bag which I got after I had Lasik done. The bag under one eye never went away and it really bothers me.

I had it done a couple of years ago by a certified plastic surgeon. While it did make my face lifted some, I'm not sure I'd do it again because it was painful for me, and I don't have the means to dish out another couple of thousand bucks. He did use a numbing cream but certain parts of my face hurt more than others. It felt like needles poking my face, I actually said "OUCH" a few times and I'm not usually a wimp when it come to pain, lol! I don't remember what level he used but he dialed it down a notch or two. When he did around my jawline, I felt it in my teeth. Weird. He told me that most people say the second time around is easier as far as pain goes.

Now I'm considering Restalyne for one under eye bag which I got after I had Lasik done. The bag under one eye never went away and it really bothers me.
Did you think it made you look younger? Ultherapy cost $ 4300.00 for face and neck, I am starting to wonder if a mini facelift would be better.

Did you think it made you look younger? Ultherapy cost $ 4300.00 for face and neck, I am starting to wonder if a mini facelift would be better.

I only got my face done so I think it was just under 3k. I actually went for a consultation for Ultherapy and eyelid lift because I hate that I have to be careful about how I do my eyeliner otherwise the tail has a weird exaggerated flip. The doctor thought I still looked pretty youthful and doing a lid lift was a bit drastic at that time. The cons with Ultherapy is that it can take up to 6 months to show its full effect. For me, it lasted about a year or so. The doctor explained that the next time around (the following year), it would not hurt quite a much and the results often is a bit more noticeable. Did I look younger after having it done? I don't think so, just that the skin was smoother. Most people think I'm 7-10 years younger than my actual age anyways.

It's just too pricy to go in every 12-18 months. I think a face lift would have better results visually but that's a lot of pain and healing to go through. Something that I can't imagine doing. I'm hoping to be able to get an eyelid lift in the next year or so. For now I'm looking at just the Restalyne under the one eye and nasal labial fold. Oh, which reminds me…sleeping on your side WILL increase the likelihood of wrinkles!! I've always been a side sleeper and mostly on my left side and I can see it because the left side of my face has deeper creases! UGH!! I wish someone had told me that when I was a teenager!

Anyway, my suggestion is to speak to a good plastic surgeon. A really good one will not push you to do more just for the money.

Last edited:
I only got my face done so I think it was just under 3k. I actually went for a consultation for Ultherapy and eyelid lift because I hate that I have to be careful about how I do my eyeliner otherwise the tail has a weird exaggerated flip. The doctor thought I still looked pretty youthful and doing a lid lift was a bit drastic at that time. The cons with Ultherapy is that it can take up to 6 months to show its full effect. For me, it lasted about a year or so. The doctor explained that the next time around (the following year), it would not hurt quite a much and the results often is a bit more noticeable. Did I look younger after having it done? I don't think so, just that the skin was smoother. Most people think I'm 7-10 years younger than my actual age anyways.

It's just too pricy to go in every 12-18 months. I think a face lift would have better results visually but that's a lot of pain and healing to go through. Something that I can't imagine doing. I'm hoping to be able to get an eyelid lift in the next year or so. For now I'm looking at just the Restalyne under the one eye and nasal labial fold. Oh, which reminds me…sleeping on your side WILL increase the likelihood of wrinkles!! I've always been a side sleeper and mostly on my left side and I can see it because the left side of my face has deeper creases! UGH!! I wish someone had told me that when I was a teenager!

Anyway, my suggestion is to speak to a good plastic surgeon. A really good one will not push you to do more just for the money.
Thanks for your feedback, I think I will skip ultherapy and save up for facelift in a few years.

Sorry for the late response here. I had ultherapy done about a year and a half ago. I thought the results were very good. Probably not noticeable to anyone else, but I liked it and would do it again. The only thing is the cost. It is really expensive for a temporary result! I am considering doing either the just the lower part of my face with ultherapy again, or doing micro needling to address some slight sagging. Does anyone know if micro needling can address sagging, or does it help mostly with surface wrinkles and scars?

Ultherapy has some advantages one in particular that it is a walk in, walk out procedure and doesn't leave any marks on the skin like laser.

It is not though the answer to all skin looseness, but can be an alternative for those who don't want more invasive surgery or are putting it off. It is good if you skin have moderate skin laxity and better results are seen of those around their 30's who are wanting to stay ahead of the game when it comes to looks!

Any advise for tightening the neck area? I'm no stranger to Botox or Juvederm & so far this has had the results I've wanted but I would like address some sagging in my neck area. I'm not ready for a neck lift or a lower face lift yet.

Any advise for tightening the neck area? I'm no stranger to Botox or Juvederm & so far this has had the results I've wanted but I would like address some sagging in my neck area. I'm not ready for a neck lift or a lower face lift yet.

I need a neck solve too, anyone have a thought on sagging and beginning jowl intervention?

After doing some research and making calls to providers in my area, I've decided to go with radio frequency micro needling to address the minor sag in my lower face. The provider I spoke with said he has stopped doing Ultherapy because the results of rf micro needling were comparable if not better, and the procedure was more comfortable and easily tolerated. Having had Ultherapy before, I'm interested in trying this option to see how it compares.

After doing some research and making calls to providers in my area, I've decided to go with radio frequency micro needling to address the minor sag in my lower face. The provider I spoke with said he has stopped doing Ultherapy because the results of rf micro needling were comparable if not better, and the procedure was more comfortable and easily tolerated. Having had Ultherapy before, I'm interested in trying this option to see how it compares.

Be sure to let us know how the treatment feels & what your results are!!

Is micro needling cheaper?

It is hard to know if rf microneedling is cheaper. It might be only slightly less expensive, or about the same. Apparently providers determine the cost of these procedures based on geographical location among other factors, so unless both are done at the same location, it is hard to compare pricing. There are various types of microneedling too, with different instruments and at different price points. Some places advertise microneedling, but they are basically using the same dermaroller or dermapen that is sold for home use. The microneedling procedures offered by plastic surgeons actually also vary a lot (there are different instruments of different manufacture, unlike with Ultherapy, which requires all providers to use the same manufacurer's instrument). I think a lot of research is required to figure out what types of microneedling are offered in your area, by whom (salon/spa vs. doctor/surgeon), and what is the best for your needs, comfort level, etc.

It is hard to know if rf microneedling is cheaper. It might be only slightly less expensive, or about the same. Apparently providers determine the cost of these procedures based on geographical location among other factors, so unless both are done at the same location, it is hard to compare pricing. There are various types of microneedling too, with different instruments and at different price points. Some places advertise microneedling, but they are basically using the same dermaroller or dermapen that is sold for home use. The microneedling procedures offered by plastic surgeons actually also vary a lot (there are different instruments of different manufacture, unlike with Ultherapy, which requires all providers to use the same manufacurer's instrument). I think a lot of research is required to figure out what types of microneedling are offered in your area, by whom (salon/spa vs. doctor/surgeon), and what is the best for your needs, comfort level, etc.
Thanks for the information.

Ultherapy- I'm having my lower face, under jaw/neck and forehead done on Friday. I'm a little nervous but actually am happy it is supposed to be rather subtle. I am just starting to sag in the neck and tiny jowls and lower eyelids so I hope this can help. Depends upon the results whether I I'll have it done again in the future. I am 59, 60 this year but except for the neck wattle, look about 50 or less...very few wrinkles.

I'll keep you all posted on what happens. Wish me luck!