Tall boots in summer?

shoeangel

Aug 12, 2006
Would you think of wearing your black tall knee-high pointy-toed boots w/ 3" heels in the summer? (Think classic sleek Charles David boots). We all have a similar pair, but I have never really thought about wearing boots in the summer, since I am usually more interested in showing off my toes.

Last evening while on a Thursday night gallery walk, I saw a couple of girls wearing short shift dresses with boots. One even was wearing suede boots, no less. I have to admit that they both looked adorable.

Your thoughts? Yay or nay? Would you do it?

haha funny you ask this, because just last night i was trying to hunt down a pair of knee high boots. i never even thought of wearing knee high boots in the summer, but last night i realized it's just a really sexy but not in a i'm-trying-hard kind of look. why not include them in the rotation of shoes like sandals and wedges meant for summer? what looks good looks good regardless of season, imo.

I say no for boots in the summer unless its less than 50 degrees. Its just like wearing a heavy coat & gloves in the winter...u cant wait to get them off....same goes for the boots. I guess it depends where u live. I live in NJ/NY and by the time it gets warm I never want to see my boots again! lol

I have cream boots and have been wearing them with my dresses, yes they are knee high. I get lots of compliments. I will not wear them above 75-80 degree weather because they are hot and uncomfortable.

We've had a few cold days this week but that will end soon. When Sept rolls around and it gets a little brisk, out they'll come.

BTW cowboys wear boots all year round.:idea:

There is no way in hell i would wear knee high boots during summer here in Sydney, even at night it can get way too hot. But it really depends on what the weather/temperature is like, if it were cold then i would definitely consider wearing boots regardless of whether it's Winter or Summer