wrap dress for work?

Hi Ladies,

I work in the banking sector and have been wearing suits for as long as I can remember. Would a wrap dress be suitable for less-formal fridays? Can anyone recommend me anywhere (other than DvF) where I can get nice wrap dresses? Thanks a lot in advance! :P

i wear dvf dresses for casual (really business casual) occasions. if you're near bloomie's, the aqua brand that they carry has a lot of dvf-style dresses as well for under $100.

I think they can look very professional and polished as long as you aren't "busting out the girls"! I'm just always sure to wear a tank/camisole underneath and just remember to hold it "shut" if there's a gust of wind.

Nordstrom's in-house brand, Classiques has some nice wrap dresses--they're also available online at n.com. One of the Nordstrom store departments, Narrative, also has a good selection of matte jersey dresses by a variety of vendors.

BCBG has nice print styles that can be dressed up or down. Banana Republic occasionally has wrap dresses also.

How about taking a look at LadyPeacock's chameleon dress? Can be worn in several ways:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5868082

Like this for Friday in the day:

ladypeacockchameleondresstealblue.jpg

Then if you have a date later that evening...

ladypeacockchameleondressstyle2.jpg

$83 incl shipping

Available in a few colours.

Banking is so conservative -- are you in an investment bank? Eeek -- tough call. If it would make you feel too daring, don't do it!

I work in a creative field and wear my DVF wrap dresses all the time.