Anyone Find the Carly strap slips off narrow shoulders?

My carly never slips off my shoulder. Did you try it on with some weight in the bag?? It is not a lightweight bag though Lynn - it has a lot of harware - you wouldn't be happy with that. Have you tried just the signature shoulder bag???
You are correct. That is why I am being so much more careful now. Yes, the Carly mediium has a heavier strap in the middle and with my things in it appears heavy on my narrow shoulders..even if I forget the back thing, it just slips off my shoulder...It is very similar in feel to my legacy shoulder denim resort bag and the strap is wide and braided and short on me, Heavy with few things in it, wallet, wristlet and keys, phone. I am 5'4 tall. Average bone structure... I still has a ticket on it. Which shoulder signature did you mean, legacy? Let me know. Thinking of the reversible tote in signature and gold or punch in medium size if I can find one, not the large...thanks for your help, I appreciate you all....
Lynn

that's the problem I had with the large carly. I couldn't keep it up to save my life.
I am on a ban...this is too much work..I like my light signature lunch tote, 3 or 4 years old..Has two thin straps and vachetta... You.could not keeo it up to save your life?...that is really the funniest thing...I have ever heard....I cannot stop laughing...Thanks ladies for being helpful..I guess each of us is built so differently.. and have such widely diversified taste. I will just wait...not buy...I have decided..purse ban...Now how do you do that? Stay out of the stores......I guess????..

That is a big issue for me! No matter how beautiful the bag could be and how stylish, the fit is what matter. I love to wear them under my arm so they better fit. That was my problem with the striped tote, it kept sliding and laughing at me!!
I have really begun to really study fit and not get overjoyed with how much it sells or with the looks and trying so hard to make it work..for it is not a relationship......Dragging a bag around no matter how beautiful it is and having it slip off or hurt is just not worth it. What bag is that you are speaking of, the Katie or legacy striped tote with the Vachetta? Let me know...Thanks!!!
Lynn

I have a demi and I think the straps on it are a bit narrower than the larger Carly's, but I wish I had some advice for you. I feel horrible that you just can't find something to suit you well. Hopefully something will come along that is made for you.
Thank you. That is a really nice thing to say. I love Coach bags so much...and this forum...is just nice to see that people are helpful and do care to suggest things. I have quite a few of the older Coach bags in my closet and I will find something new..it might not be the latest styles that I am tempted to try that I see here or in the store, but one with a thinner strap that I find in the outlet. Some bags I took back too soon and I should have kept, for they were comfortable...as we all have done...We probably have enough before we even buy something from that new floorset...Thank you for being so sweet....Is that you picture, really nice photo. Thanks!!!!

Shellyb17 just returned her medium leather Carly because she said it wouldn't stay put. You wouldn't look ridiculous. They should want you to be happy with your bag.
Yes, they do want you to be happy unless you have a problem with all the new styles. I am lucky enough now to have found a good SA that says, "Lynn that bag is not going to happen for you...." And I did not buy a thing and she does not care...just shows me the book and makes suggestions knowing what shoulld work based on what I have told her I want to be sure of...not returning any longer...I guess we all have styles that work better for us,..Thanks!!!!!

I just posted in a previous thread that my new med carly slips off my shoulder. I returned the large ergo after it would not stay on my shoulders either. The gals at the store told me to wear the carly tilted a little w/ the large piece of leather not directly in the middle of my shoulder. The verdict is still out...
I can't exchange this bag -- I will look absolutely ridiculous to these gals at Coach. They said they have never heard of the carly not staying on shoulder. Hmmm.
You can exchange the bag. That cannot be true...when so many of us can wear the Carly and just in this thread, so many of us cannot wear it. I am learning to be a bit more asssertive and more sensible about any bag I buy. The stores fix things up so pretty that we are so tempted to buy and we see so many pretty things on here too that look so nice and we are happy for each other. Whether it is fit or weight or just the way it looks after we get home and look in the mirror....one thing I try to do is leave the store and just go home and give it a 24 hour window and just think about it and how it fits...If I liked it, I will still feel the same and be more sure the next morning...Thanks!!

I have broad shoulders & the med size just didn't "fit". I can't explain it exactly. The strap on the large size is a much better fit for me, but I just wish it wasn't so big.
Get which one you love...I wish I had broader shoulders...but I do not, that is why a really good SA that you buy from that store regularly will advice you...I am sure our lovely SA's here know that. I guess there is no perfect bag and we should buy what feels the best on us and compomise a bit....

My Carlys don't slip off my shoulder at all but then again I am built like a tank! You have just had way too much trouble finding bags that will work for you. This should be fun, not agony! I wish I had a suggestion for you.
Yes that is true...it should be fun not agony and not trying and wanting what does not fit right and trying to make it work..like an old boyfriend that you are used to but is no longer comfortable to be with lol....Thanks!!!

I can't keep my Soho Flap on my shoulder, that is why I lean toward skinny straps....yet the legacy zip top strap is just fine, maybe because it is pretty short.
I should never have picked the larger signature legacy slim flap instead of the zip..You are correct..that bag stays up so much better, the strap is so thin and it is a very pretty bag.. thanks!!!

I just recieved my Large Carly in the mail today and it does have a pretty big strap. I don't consider my shoulders narrow but it barely fit's all the way on them...

It's a hugh bag too. I didn't realize it was sooo big. But I'll make it work. LOL