Stam trendy or classic?

ilovebags63

May 4, 2007
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of buying the little stam in ivory, but I am worried that it might be too trendy. Do you think it is a bag I will be able to use for years to come? thanks!

Honestly I think it needs to stand the test of time, I don't think it's particular "classic", not that it's season bound, but a classic is something that will not look weird in 20 years and wouldn't have looked weird being worn in the 80s.

I debated over this issue a lot myself this past month. Yesterday, I bought the 2nd to last Ivory stam in the whole MJ company! (according to my 2 SAs at SF and Vegas stores)

I love this bag, the color and shape are so classic. Everyone at MJ says it's their best selling bag and it's the MJ iconic bag. I'll also be picking up a little stam myself, just can't decide on a color, haha!

Liberté;2654087 said:
Honestly I think it needs to stand the test of time, I don't think it's particular "classic", not that it's season bound, but a classic is something that will not look weird in 20 years and wouldn't have looked weird being worn in the 80s.

AGREED! I think it's silly when a bag that has been out for like 3 years is a "classic". I really like the stam, and it will be around for a while, but I wouldn't call it a classic.

I debated over this issue a lot myself this past month. Yesterday, I bought the 2nd to last Ivory stam in the whole MJ company! (according to my 2 SAs at SF and Vegas stores)

I love this bag, the color and shape are so classic. Everyone at MJ says it's their best selling bag and it's the MJ iconic bag. I'll also be picking up a little stam myself, just can't decide on a color, haha!

i LOVE my ivory stam, i got the last one from saks. it's a color that is so neutral and versatile... i love the quilting, shape/size, gold hardware, quality of the leather.. everything!
congratulations on the purchase :tup:

it is definitely a classic and the baby/little stam is adorable.

i think that the stam has classic features... but that it is definately very trendy right now. i think that it will get played out- if it hasn't already and then in ten years you will be able to pull it out again and it might be classic.

haha- does that make any sense?

^ sure, it's the "everything old is new again" syndrome. i remember when everyone was so sick of the stephen sprouse lv graffiti bags. now, people are clamoring to get their hands on an authentic one because they're hot again.