PLEAE HELP! Should I keep my first chloe - dark brown silverado? on-sale read on...

lovekoobabags

Balified
O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
I just bought a chloe silverado I belive (looks like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chloe-Bronze-Py...8QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
but it is a deep brown with faint reddish tinge...it's beautiful. Retails for $1355 I believe - but I got it at Bloomingdales for with NY tax $718. Should I keep it?

What I'm worried about is that the leather looks like it could scratch very easily. I don't want this expensive bag to look like crap after a few uses. I was hoping someone can share their experiences with me who owns one. It's a very unique leather - so I see the leather varies from section to section. They also had them in a medium brown and a light golden honey color. Really pretty but the dark brown really looked rich.

I usually go for MJ bags - they don't scratch as easily and the leather is really think. This leather seems to be a little more sensitive and not as stiff so I'm wondering if this is a quality bag for the money.

Normally I won't buy chloe (although I like some styles) b/c of the lack of good sales and their normally high retail prices.

What are your opinions?

Did you get a python? The scales are a bit delicate and tend to flip with use (see the recent thread on this).

I vote return it and put the $ to something you will use with abandon!

your link showed a python silverado, but the retail value is of an all leather silverado. Anyhow the leather on most silverados are buffalo leather - which is one of the most durable. The leather is not supposed to be smooth all over. As it gets broken in/ages, it'll look better (as most chloe bags do). Believe me, it won't look like crap. I have 2 silverados -- one from 04 and one from 06. they're still fine :smile:

I just bought a chloe silverado I belive (looks like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chloe-Bronze-Py...8QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
but it is a deep brown with faint reddish tinge...it's beautiful. Retails for $1355 I believe - but I got it at Bloomingdales for with NY tax $718. Should I keep it?

What I'm worried about is that the leather looks like it could scratch very easily. I don't want this expensive bag to look like crap after a few uses. I was hoping someone can share their experiences with me who owns one. It's a very unique leather - so I see the leather varies from section to section. They also had them in a medium brown and a light golden honey color. Really pretty but the dark brown really looked rich.

I usually go for MJ bags - they don't scratch as easily and the leather is really think. This leather seems to be a little more sensitive and not as stiff so I'm wondering if this is a quality bag for the money.

Normally I won't buy chloe (although I like some styles) b/c of the lack of good sales and their normally high retail prices.

What are your opinions?

Nope - it's a dark brownish/reddish leather silverado (not scaled)....I really love this chloe (out of all the bags chloe makes I always chose the silverado). I have so many other bags - I always wanted a silverado - I do love this style - I just don't want it to look scratched up after a few wears so I was looking for feedback. I can always save the receipt and tags and return and say it wears horribly>....?

I love the rugged look of the silverado, but if you're worried about wear, return it, though the leather should age really well. But even at $718, it ought to be something you really love.

Personally I think that chloe bags wear much better than MJ bags. The quality of the leather is far better. The silverado is meant to look worn --that is the character of the bag.

I have the large Silverado in tan also, and I adore. The look is supposed to be rather rugged. I think the bag will only improve with age. I vote that you keep and enjoy.

I once had that same Silverado. I sold it on eBay and still regret selling it. It was stunning. In terms of wear, i was washing my hands in a sink and the water sprayed out and a few drops landed on my bag and stained it so watch out using it when the weather is wet.