Question for SAs or anyone who knows about Returns?

Purse-O-Nality

Kailey's Mommy
Jan 8, 2007
Do Coach Stores accept returns on bags that are NEW, have NOT been used, but have the sales tag removed? I have the tag (and the plastic thingy), receipt and everything. I was being stupid and thought I'd clip the tags off of my Multi STripe Demi and carry it over the weekend (to break her in), but like I said I WAS STUPID and didn't load it up FIRST to see if my things would fit. So...as soon as I clipped the tags and put some things in it I KNEW I could not use it. Plus, when I put it on my shoulder it hangs down - not EVENLY - I guess because of the clasp on one end?!?! SO....my question is: will the Coach store take it back and issue a full refund or what? If not, what are my options???:shrugs::confused1:
Thanks so much for your help!!!:yes:

i had one of the hamptons sig hobos and carried it for a couple weeks then realized i didn't really like it, i just took it back and they let me exchange it., i had the receipt, and tags, but obviously had used it lightly

^I completely agree, unless she disclosed to the SA that she had used it for two weeks when she returned it. If she told them, and they allowed the return anyway, there's not really much to say. I still don't agree with it, though.

Well, I truly DID just cut the tag off, put my things in it and knew immediately it was not a good bag for me. I took my things out, put the stuffing/paper and card back inside, zipped it back up and stuck it back in the dustbag. So....hopefully I won't have any problem returning it?!!? Surely they'll be able to see it has NOT been used?!!? I wonder if I'll come home with anything NEW or if I'll be a GOOD GIRL. :angel::rolleyes:Thanks for the info.! I'll keep y'all posted!

Purse-O-Nality, you aren't going to have ANY problems. Your bag is new and they will surely allow you to return it. The comments above were directed to lagizzle, who wore her bag for two weeks and then returned it. :yes:

I had this same thing happen...took the bag home, took off the tags intending to carry the bag, put my stuff in, and it didn't fit! I took it back the next day, with the tags in the pocket, and they refunded my money. No problems.

i had one of the hamptons sig hobos and carried it for a couple weeks then realized i didn't really like it, i just took it back and they let me exchange it., i had the receipt, and tags, but obviously had used it lightly

I think you are lucky that you got away with it

Coach is a buying store, not rental place like blockbuster.

Honestly its pple like you that ruin it for the rest of us. A used bag either is sold again or damaged out and coach takes the loss

Enough times coach's policy isn't going to be as nice anymore.

The back of the receipt says return any "new unused merchandise may be returned" There was one time I bought a satchel at the outlet and when I put my stuff in it, I knew it wasn't right. I had already cut the tag but I took it back the next day and exchanged it for something else.

I think you are lucky that you got away with it

Coach is a buying store, not rental place like blockbuster.

Honestly its pple like you that ruin it for the rest of us. A used bag either is sold again or damaged out and coach takes the loss

Enough times coach's policy isn't going to be as nice anymore.
Obviously it happens a lot, because many of the "as is" merchandise at my outlet shows signs of wear. Many of the store returns sold on eBay list damage that would be a result of wear. I wonder how customers get away with that.:shrugs:

I've been known to cut tags off bags before I use them so it doesn't look like I have a lot of new unused bags laying around the house, if you know what I mean...;) My DH knows about my purchases but I don't want to advertise the fact that I still have NWT bags laying around while I'm off buying something else.