Scarves Ode to the Hermes Cashmere GM Shawls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies! This arrived before I went on vacation, I didn't have time to post until I got back. Not really a Fall shawl but she might be ok for summer nights that cool off...

Fleurs et Plumes, I think from 2006. I'm not sure of the cw, it's a kind of robin egg/aqua/light turquoise color, a bit brighter than the pics show.
It's not my usual style but my late Mother was a horticulturalist and loved many of the flower species on this shawl, it reminds me of her so much, it's something she would've worn.

Love this one! It's very hard to find, but I've seen it IRL and it's just gorgeous. congrats!

Does anyone have pictures of Clic Clac a Pois GM in cw 07 and/or 08? I need to decide on this pattern and which cw, so I can advise my SA. However, I need some modeling pics:smile:

Thanks Kat:smile: I'm really not sure about this pattern. What about this shawl didn't work for you the colors or the pattern? or both? I'm not necessarily a "neutrals" person. I like to say I don't discriminate on color...love them all:smile: However, I was thinking that with the large polka dots being such a strong pattern, the neutrals would "soften" the shawl a little. Thanks for your input!!

It was a little bit of both color and pattern. I normally like busy shawls with lots of colors, but have been looking for something more geometric and neutral to expand my horizons. I loved chincac's modeling pictures of cw09 (posts 8133 and 8559) and the way the two corners appear as almost negative images of each other with the pops of orange added in. But you just don't get the same effect with the neutral colors of 08. In the end, it just didn't make me excited, so I decided to keep looking for my first shawl of the season.

Love this one! It's very hard to find, but I've seen it IRL and it's just gorgeous. congrats!

Thank you BBC! I hadn't seen it before, I'm quite the old shawl/design rookie. I could only find a pic of a light pink cw that sold a while ago and then a yellow one that sold recently for a song, I was sad I didn't bid, it was under the radar...alas.
Thank you for letting me share :smile:

This is so pretty BritAbroad and I find it touching that you chose to remember your mom this way. I think that's partially why Hermes scarf designs appeal to me, the details can be very personal for the wearer.

Thank you Nico! Yes, I couldn't agree more, I love how we sometimes gravitate to scarves/shawls with a personal symbolic meaning, even if that certain part of the design doesn't show when worn, we as the wearer know it ourselves and get a sense of personal comfort or joy from certain designs - it's one of the great attractions to H.

I rushed to the store to collect my Monsieur Et Madame shawl, been waiting weeks for this to come in & was supposed to collect it next week but couldn't wait any longer so left work early just to collect it & I have to say its even better IRL than in pictures!!

D47FD9A5-4CF7-4EE0-A142-C0C9EFE1FD43-22935-00000B92057AF8C3_zpsdf491a29.jpg

I rushed to the store to collect my Monsieur Et Madame shawl, been waiting weeks for this to come in & was supposed to collect it next week but couldn't wait any longer so left work early just to collect it & I have to say its even better IRL than in pictures!!

Love this and the poudre clic clac is the icing on the cake!!! Congrats Love!

Pics for the record - not my shawl - it's DD's upcoming birthday present. I also posted it ont he Fall 2013 Scarf thread for the record.

She tried it in Europe a month ago and loved the 'perfect rich colors for Fall'. If there are already pics of it here, my apologies.

Carre Cube cashmere GM #08: bordeaux/petrole/fuchsia with black and dark griolet/ grey amethyst.

Not so great on me though the pink is surprisingly flattering. Nor would I wear it with white but that's what I had on. :smile: Her skin tone is paler and cooler, and her hair a little darker so I can see why she loved it. She'll probably wear it with black, dark colors and jeans. Luckily she doesn't read tpf. :biggrin:
J, this is so beautiful. You're such an amazing mother.

DD, major congrats! MeM CW 08 is such a great neutral and I am sure it looks stunning on you. Modeling shots in the near future?

This was my first GM of the season ~ happy to be twins with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.