OMG!! What happened?? HELP!

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
About a couple months ago I stored my Bosphore PM Messenger in its dustbag and put it away in the closet. I havent checked up on it since I started loving my Reporter bag. I was going to change bags today but when I retrieved my lovely Bosphore PM, it was all sticky and wet almost as if it was "sweating". Then I tried cleaning it and it was all dry and I left in on my bed. When I checked up on it again, it was all sticky AGAIN and it was kinda "perspiring" cos it was all moist. I dont know how it could have happened :sad: I dont think its cos I stored it in the closet. I mean, bags were meant to be stored when not used. So I dont really know what I did wrong. Now the texture of the Bosphore is all weird. :wtf: :crybaby:

Help please! What can I do?? The last thing I remember doing before storing it for so long was cleaning it with damp baby wipes.

I have been on some handbag sites and also handbag care sites and one of the things they say is to never store your handbags in the closet, especially close to the ground. There is no air circulating in a closet and it is very easy for bags to get mildew or mold on them. Of course most people store their bags in a closet. If you live in a humid place, it is worse. I don't know what your bag looks like (style) but is it possible to wipe it down with clorox wipes and sit it in front of a fan? I have wiped my mono designs bags with clorox wipes before to get germs off---you know hate when you go out and your purse is sitting some place strange.
Good luck.

eek, definitely air it out! Do you store it in closed area? remember all leather need to breath! for the big items, i store it in dust bag in shelf, and smaller items, i store it in those canvas crop down thing from container store. Check me out !

Definitely go to the store and get a moisture attracter, it looks like an empty bag with little white balls in it and it's on a little hanger. You would be amazed how much moisture is in your closet. I bought one of them and the bag was FULL of water in 2 weeks. UGH!

I was told not to store in a closet at all, especially not the top shelf of a closet because of heat rising and moisture can collect. I think it depends on the climate you live in as well, as to how to best store your bags.

Whoa! I didn't know storing bags in the closet would result in this...luckily I live in Calgary; with the super dry climate I don't think this is a problem.

wow weird I have to tried LV yet?

If your not supposed to keep bags in a closet & not close to the ground or up a height where can you keep them???
LOL Claire that's exactly what I was thinking...
I store my big bags on a shelf in my closet, and my pochettes and some small accessories in a dresser's bottom drawer....